Shariff Saydona Mustapha, Maguindanao
|Shariff Saydona Mustapha|
|Municipality of Shariff Saydona Mustapha|
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|Barangays||16 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Zandria Sinsuat Ampatuan|
|• Electorate||6,616 voters (2016)|
|• Total||164.42 km2 (63.48 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||120/km2 (310/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)64|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||6th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||43,275.01 (2016)|
Shariff Saydona Mustapha, officially the Municipality of Shariff Saydona Mustapha, is a 6th class municipality in the province of Maguindanao, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 19,855 people.
It was created out of 4 barangays from the municipality of Shariff Aguak, 4 entire barangays and a portion of one barangay from Mamasapano, 2 barangays from Datu Unsay, one barangay from Datu Piang, and 3 entire barangays and a portion of one barangay from Datu Saudi-Ampatuan by virtue of Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 225 (as amended by MMAA Act No. 252), which was subsequently ratified in a plebiscite held on July 30, 2009.
Shariff Saydona Mustapha was an Arab missionary from Mecca and a paternal uncle of Shariff Kabungsuwan of Johore (the first Sultan of Maguindanao). He arrived in Mainland Mindanao in the mid-15th century. He is the ancestor of the Ampatuan, Mangacop, Masukat and Sangki clans of Maguindanao.
Shariff Saydona Mustapha is politically subdivided into 16 barangays.
- Datu Bakal
- Datu Kilay
- Pagatin (Pagatin I)
|Population census of |
Shariff Saydona Mustapha
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Maguindanao". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "ARMM – Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 225; An Act Creating the Municipality of Shariff Saydona Mustapha in the Province of Maguindanao, Providing Funds Therefor, and for Other Purposes" (PDF). Regional Legislative Assembly, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "ARMM – Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "ARMM – Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Maguindanao". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.