Sharissa 'Sheri' Jackson (born 1978) is an American singer. She released a debut album No Half Steppin through Motown Records in 2002 which earned two charting singles. Her second album Every Beat of My Heart saw a Japan-only release in 2005 through Virgin Records. Sharissa has started working on her third album, All or Nuth'n.
Background and career
Sharissa sang as a child both in Detroit where she was born and in the Detroit where she grew up. Her dad called her "Little Stevie Wonder," as she sang to her neighbors in the Edenwald Projects.
She went on to become a member of the group Triple Dose. In 1995, she joined the group 4Kast and released the album Any Weather as part of the group.
After 4Kast broke up, Sharissa was signed to Motown and in 2002, released her debut solo album No Half Steppin'. The title track of the album peaked at #78 on the R&B charts. The album's biggest hit was "Any Other Night" which reached #72 on the Hot 100 and #23 on the R&B charts. That same year, she also made an appearance in Queen Latifah's video for "Go Head", alongside Lil' Kim and appeared in the video of Aaliyah's posthumous song, "Miss You".
Sharissa resolved her relationship with Motown and moved to Virgin Records. In 2005, she put out her second album, Every Beat of My Heart. Two singles were released from the album the first being "In Love With a Thug" and featured R. Kelly. The second single was titled "I Got Love". However, while the album was released in Japan on October 25, 2005, it never saw an American release.
Since then, Sharissa has started her own recording label, The Assirahs Music Group, and announced a third album entitled All or Nuth'n. The title track served as the lead single and was released in 2011, but the album was never released.
- No Half Steppin (2002)
- Every Beat of My Heart (2005)
- All or Nuth'n (TBA)
- (22 April 2002). Sharissa, Jet (magazine), Retrieved December 9, 2010
- (10 March 2004). Sharissa Biography, MTV, Retrieved December 9, 2010
- "No Half Steppin' by Sharissa Dawes". iTunes. Apple, Inc.
- Next - Sharissa: A Women's Worth, Vibe (magazine), March 2002, p.102 , Retrieved December 9, 2010
- (2 March 2002). No Half Steppin', Billboard (magazine), Retrieved December 9, 2010
- (6 April 2002). Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles and Tracks, Billboard (magazine), Retrieved December 9, 2010 (listing Any Other Night at #23)
- (6 August 2005). Rhythm & Blues, Billboard (magazine), Retrieved December 9, 2010
- "In Love With a Thug (Radio Edit) [feat. R. Kelly] - Single Sharissa featuring R. Kelly". iTunes. Apple, Inc.
- "I Got Love by Sharissa". iTunes. Apple, Inc.
- "All Or Nuth'n by Sharissa". iTunes. Apple, Inc.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sharissa.|