Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda
|Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda|
|Written by||Matt Yamashita|
Roger Corman (Conan O'Brien cameo only)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Followed by||Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf|
Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda is the sequel to the 2010 SyFy original monster film Sharktopus and premiered on August 2, 2014. The film is produced by Roger Corman, who directed the Conan O'Brien cameo, and starring Robert Carradine, Katie Savoy, and Rib Hillis. O'Brien makes his acting debut in a scene described as "truly violent, patently disgusting and darkly humorous". It is the second film in the Sharktopus franchise.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (August 2014)
After Andy Flynn destroyed the original Sharktopus (a half-shark half-octopus creature), its various pieces floated back out into the ocean. However, among the scattered anatomy was an egg sac and marine biologist Lorena Christmas (Katie Savoy) finds herself the ward of the creature's sole offspring, which she begins raising at her greedy uncle's aquarium to mixed success. Meanwhile, Dr. Rico Symes (Robert Carradine) is hard at work on his own biological weapon. After harvesting a pterosaur's DNA, he uses the DNA from a barracuda to fill in the gaps, creating a monster that can terrorize land, sea, and air. Things are looking pretty good during the initial test flight. until the creature is hijacked by a rogue engineer looking to sell it to the highest bidder. After the rogue engineer accidentally spills his coffee all over his console, the Pteracuda is free to rampage the coast in search of food.
Running out of options, Symes and his head bodyguard Hamm (Rib Hillis) learn of the new Sharktopus' existence when they pick up Lorena to help them. After fitting it with a neural remote to control its actions, Symes and Hamm pit the two fearsome fusions against each other in a battle to the death.
- Robert Carradine as Dr. Rico Symes
- Rib Hillis as Hamilton "Hamm"
- Katie Savoy as Lorena Christmas
- Conan O'Brien as himself
- Akari Endo as Veronica Vega
- Hensy Pichardo as Lorena's Uncle Munoz
- Tony Evangelista as Rick Hoffman
- Hector Then as Harold "Harry" Smith
Cate de Pablo as scuba diver
No US DVDs have been made, but there are some DVDs made in Regions 2, 3 and 4, which are available online.
- Day, Patrick Kevin (15 July 2014). "Conan O'Brien will make acting debut in Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda". Los Angeles Times.
- Ramisetti, Kirthana (July 24, 2014). "Conan O'Brien gets head bitten off in 'Sharktopus Vs. Pteracuda' cameo". Daily News. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
- Locker, Melissa (July 24, 2014). "Conan O'Brien's Cameo in Sharktopus Vs Pteracuda Is Spectacular". Time. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda|