|Born||30 October 1965 (age 52)|
West Bengal, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
Early life and education
Mukherjee began formal dance training at age 12. Her teachers included Pandit Durgalal, Vidushi Uma Sharma and Rajendra Gangani. The Hindu called her performances "accomplished" and lauded her precise footwork.
Sharmistha joined the INC in July 2014. Since then she has been actively participating in rallies organized by the party and working at the grass root level with the party workers in her area. She contested the Delhi Assembly election in February 2015 from the Greater Kailash constituency but lost, coming third with 6,102 votes after Saurabh Bharadwaj (AAP, 57,589 votes) and Rakesh Gullaiya (BJP, 43,006 votes).
- "Pranab Mukherjee's daughter, Sharmistha Mukherjee joins protest against power outages". The Economic Times. June 14, 2014.
- Sandhu, Veenu (April 5, 2013). "Sharmistha Mukherjee chose not to live in India's biggest house". Business Standard.
- Varma, P. Sujatha (January 21, 2012). "Hypnotic grace". The Hindu.
- Singh, Rohinee (November 14, 2014). "Sharmistha Mukherjee wants to be a mass leader". DNA.
- "Sharmistha Mukherjee casts vote in GK, mum on Congress' prospects". Zee News. February 7, 2015.
- "Sharmistha loses Greater Kailash, gets just 6,000 votes". Business Standard. February 10, 2015.
|This article about an Indian National Congress politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|