Sharon Center, Ohio
Sharon Center is an unincorporated community in Medina County, Ohio, United States. It is centered at the intersection of Ohio state routes 94 and 162 in Sharon Township (see map at right.) This intersection is actually a large traffic circle with a park in the center containing a gazebo and several memorials to veterans of various wars.
The first settlement at Sharon Center was made in 1816. A post office called Sharon Centre was established in 1833, and the name was changed to Sharon Center in 1893. The community is located near the geographical center of Sharon Township, hence the name.
- Karen Archey, art critic and curator
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 125.
- "Medina County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- History of Medina County and Ohio: Containing a History of the State of Ohio, from Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. Baskin & Battey. 1881. p. 621.
- Steve Minter (17 March 2010). "On the Rise -- A. Schulman Inc.: Molding a Global Strategy". Industry Week (IW). Penton Media. Archived from the original on 6 August 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2010.