Sharon Ní Bheoláin
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Sharon Ní Bheoláin|
15 February 1971
Malahide, Dublin, Ireland
|Alma mater||Trinity College, Dublin|
|Employer||Raidió Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ)|
RTÉ News: One O'Clock
RTÉ News: Six One
(m. 1999; div. 2005)
Sharon Ní Bheoláin [ˈʃærən n̠ʲiː ˈvʲoːlˠaːnʲ] (born 15 February 1971) is an Irish journalist, newsreader and presenter with Radio Telefís Éireann (RTÉ), Ireland's national radio and television station, where she has presented many flagship programmes including RTÉ News: One O'Clock and RTÉ News: Six One as well as all other news bulletins on both radio and television.
Ní Bheoláin began her career with RTÉ in 1994, presenting Nuacht RTÉ and in 1997, she became the presenter of News 2. Throughout the early 2000s, she had sporadic appearances on various RTÉ News programmes, including the Six-One News, the Nine O'Clock programme and on RTÉ Two's News programmes. In 2005, she became permanent co-presenter of the Six One News. In November 2013, Ní Bheoláin revealed that she would be leaving Six One News to pursue something new.
Ní Bheoláin is separated and has one daughter. Though not a native Irish speaker, she graduated from Trinity College, Dublin (TCD), with a Bachelor of Arts honours degree in early and modern Irish in 1992.
In 2014, she was the victim of two online stalkers.
- "RTÉ newsreaders Sharon Ní Bheoláin and Anthony Murnane (circa 1998)". RTÉ Libraries and Archives.
- Turas Teanga - Presenter (Sharon Ní Bheoláin).
- "Ni Bheolain asks for privacy after marriage split" September 11, 2008, Irish Independent
- Vivien Kilfeather (4 September 2003). "Reading aloud to children 'holds key to genius'". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 2008-05-09.[permanent dead link]
- "'The Six One has been enjoyable but I'm ready for something new' - Sharon Ni Bheolain". Irish Independent. 19 November 2013. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "I feel for Sharon as I had a stalker too - Miriam O'Callaghan reveals how she was forced to approach RTE security over an obsessed fan". evoke.ie. 5 March 2014.