This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sharp PC-1403 handheld BASIC computer
|Entry mode||Infix, BASIC,|
|Display type||LCD dot-matrix|
|Display size||24 characters|
|Processor||CPU: Hitachi SC61860 (8-bit CMOS)|
|Programming language(s)||Unstructured BASIC|
|User memory||8 KB|
|Firmware memory||72 KB|
|Ports||1x proprietary (11 pins)|
|Power supply||2x CR2032|
|Power consumption||0.03 W|
- CPU: Hitachi SC61860 (8-bit CMOS) 768 kHz
- Memory: 8 KB RAM (6863 bytes available), 72 KB ROM; 32 KB RAM in PC-1403H model
- Display: Monochrome LCD 1 line with 24 5×7 characters
- Power: 6 V DC - 2× CR2032, 0.03 W
- Connector (11 pins) for external devices
- Integrated speaker (4 kHz beep only)
- Contrast adjustment wheel
- Software: Simple BASIC interpreter; calculator mode
- Matrix calculations
Manufacturing started in 1986.
Calculations could be performed in two modes CAL and RUN. In the former, the PC-1403 would behave like a normal scientific calculator at the time with formulas entered in algebraic logic. In RUN mode, BASIC statements could be entered for immediate execution and print out. The latter was similar to the Direct algebraic logic employed by modern calculators.
The programming model employed was unstructured BASIC for which the PC-1403 distinguished between RUN and PRO mode. The later being used to enter and edit program and the former being used to execute them.
Here is a sample program that computes the factorial of an integer number from 2 to 69. It can be called by pressing
F in run mode. The program is 66 bytes long.
10 "F" ''allows to start the program with DEF F 20 INPUT "N=?";N ''Ask for n 30 LET F=1 ''Set start value of F to 1 40 FOR I=1 TO N STEP 1 ''counts I from 1 to N 50 LET F=F*I ''calculates F=F*I 60 NEXT I ''repeats loop from line 40 70 PRINT USING "##";N;"!="; USING ;F ''print result - i.E. 5!=120 80 END ''end of program
- SHARP Taschencomputer Modell PC-1403 Bedienungsanleitung [SHARP Pocket Computer Model PC-1403 Operation Manual] (in German). Hamburg, Germany: Sharp Electronics / Sharp Corporation. 1986. 8D11.5T(TINSG1067ECZZ)4.
|This microcomputer- or microprocessor-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|