|Directed by||Pramod Chakravorty|
|Produced by||Pramod Chakravorty|
|Cinematography||V. K. Murthy|
Shatru is a 1986 hit film starring Rajesh Khanna in the lead in a role playing the role of an inspector in a remote village. The film was an Indo Bangladesh venture and the music was written by R.D.Burman. The film was a frame-by-frame remake of Shatru (1984) which starred Ranjit Mallick. The lead actress Shabana Sidique was from Bangladesh. The film had box office collection of 17.0 million in 1986.
There is a village named Haridaspur where, Ashok Sharma (Rajesh Khanna) has been posted as an Inspector in charge. When he arrives in the remote village, he comes to the rescue of a blind man and a widow, and has a fist fight with Nishikant Shah and his men. The immediate next day, Shah finds out that the person with whom his men fought with was Ashok itself. Then to make friendship with Ashok, he goes to pay homage, but Ashok refuses. After string of incidences Ashok comes to know of all the bad activities carried out by Nishikant Shah and MLA Gopal Choudary (Om Shivpuri). Ashok then realises he has to help the people of the village from getting exploited from these rich men. Meanwhile, he starts to live in the village as a paying guest at the house of a girl Asha(Shabana Sidique) and also gets fond of an orphan child from the village named Chotu. Ashok then learns that Chotu's father was a loyal farmer who was duped and was killed by Nishikant's men. He even promises Chotu of bringing the culprits to book. Somehow then Shah and his friend Choudhry manage to put Ashok in trouble by fixing a blame on him of killing a man in his custody. Due to this he then faces a situation where he could lose his job and his good reputation too.
The film had box office collection of ₹17.0 million (US$260,000) in 1986.The film was a commercial success and was given three and a half stars by critics in the Bollywood guide Collections.
- Rajesh Khanna as Inspector Ashok Sharma
- Shabana sidique as Asha
- Prem Chopra as Nishikant Shah
- Arun Govil as Sub-Inspector Salim
- Master Tapu as Chotu
- Ashok Kumar as Superintendent of Police
- Om Shivpuri as Gopal Choudhry, MLA
- Raj Kiran as Raj Choudhry
- Mac Mohan as Kanu
- Anoop Kumar Das as Anup Chatterjee
- Komal Mahuvakar as Professor Grand Daughter
- Hasan Imam as Professor
- Golam Mostafa as Corrupt Police officer.
- Komal Mahuvakar
- "Tere aanchal mein" - Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle
- "Baaboojee dil loge" - Asha Bhosle
- "Main teraa bismil hoon" - Andrew Kishore
- "Iskee topee uske sar" - Kishore Kumar& Chorus
- "Sooraj chandaa saagar parbat" - Andrew Kishore & Chorus
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|