|Full name||Shaun Paul Ontong|
|Date of birth||25 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Canberra, Australia|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Right Back|
|2014–||Dempo S.C. (Assistant)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 December 2007.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 18 December 2007
Ontong grew up in Canberra, playing junior football for local clubs Belwest Foxes and later Belconnen United. In 2006, he was awarded a place in the AIS football program. In late 2006, he trialled with German club 1. FC Nuremberg, but suffered a groin injury during the trial and returned to Australia. He spent time briefly with Melbourne Victory before heading back to Europe, trialling with FC Sion and later in Slovenia with NK Maribor and Bela Krajina, but his recurrent injury forced another return home. In June 2007, he signed with Adelaide United on a one-year contract, followed by a 2-year contract with the Newcastle Jets in April 2008. As of 2012[update], he was playing with Oakleigh Cannons in the Victorian Premier League.
A-League career statistics
(As of January 2008[update])
- 2006 AIS/Australian Men’s Football (soccer) program launched
- "Derby is good thing" (in German). 1. FC Nuremberg. 30 August 2006. Retrieved 19 May 2008.
- Flanagan, Eamonn (1 August 2007). "Canberran hoping for an A-League return" (PDF). Capital Football. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 August 2007. Retrieved 17 August 2007.
- Fox Sports News (29 October 2006). "Ontong to captain Young 'Roos".
- opfa.com.au: Media Archived 4 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine.. Accessed 18 June 2013
- Ontong Patafta Football Academy
- Shaun Ontong at Soccerway
- Profile at ultimatealeague.com (to 2010). Accessed 11 November 2012
|This biographical article related to Australian football (soccer) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|