Shaun Ross (model)
Shaun Ross (Life Ball 2014)
May 10, 1991 |
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
|Occupation||Professional fashion model and amateur actor and dancer|
|Known for||The first male albino model|
Shaun Ross (born May 10, 1991) is an African-American professional fashion model, actor and dancer best known for being the first male albino pro model. He has been featured in photo-editorial campaigns in fashion publications including British GQ, Italian Vogue, i-D Magazine, Paper Magazine and Another Man. He has modeled for Alexander McQueen and Givenchy.
Birth name is Nissan. Ross is of African-American descent. Born in the Bronx, when he was growing up, Ross dealt with much discrimination for being albino. He was bullied frequently by his peers, called names such as "Powder", "Wite-Out", and "Casper". After training at the Alvin Ailey School for five years, Ross was discovered on YouTube and crossed over to the fashion industry in 2008 at 16 years old.
In 2009, Ross appeared on the Tyra Banks Show. He shared the show with fellow albinistic African American model Diandra Forrest; together, they shared their life stories about how different life was for them. Later that year, Ross played a role in a short film by Yoann Lemoine which won a first-place prize in a contest sponsored by Italian Vogue. Ross also worked with other directors, such as Julien Seri, Jason Last, Jessica Yatrofsky and Ella Manor in both film and television.
Ross has appeared in music videos, including Katy Perry's "E.T.", Beyoncé's "Party" and "Pretty Hurts", Gold Fields' "Dark Again", Issues' "Coma", as well as Lana Del Rey's short film Tropico and Leona Lewis' "Fire Under My Feet".
Ross recently became the face of Ford Motor Company, with the slogan "Be Unique".
Ross appeared in the 2015 TV series The Man in the High Castle as the recurring character of the albino shoe shine boy.
He is the current face of Lynx men's grooming products featuring on television.
- Selasi, K. (April 8, 2010). "Shaun Ross – Model Moment". IFashionNetwork.com. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- "Redefining Beauty: Shaun Ross". Tyra.com. 2009. Archived from the original on November 2, 2009. Retrieved 14 October 2015. This short piece covers Banks's meeting Ross which led up to the episode. The site is now defunct, and no video is available from it (or even images), though the episode can be found on YouTube and similar sites. Exact airdate uncertain.
- Villagomez, A. (November 22, 2013). "Lana Del Rey Is Finally Ready To Debut 'Tropico', New Trailer: WATCH". NewNowNext. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- Hyman, D. (December 16, 2013). "How Beyoncé and Her Team Pulled It Off". Elle. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- Hislop, R. (December 13, 2013). "Beyoncé Brings Out The Minority Model A-Team For New 'Beyoncé' Videos". Global Grind. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- Lewis, R. (December 5, 2013). "Lana Del Rey's 27-minute short film "Tropico"". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
|This biography article about a United States model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|