Shaun T. Fitness
Shaun T. Fitness
May 2, 1978
|Alma mater||Rowan University (B.S.)|
|Occupation||Physical fitness expert, presenter|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
Scott Blokker (m. 2012)
Shaun T. Fitness (born May 2, 1978) is an American motivational speaker, fitness trainer, fitness motivator, businessman, television personality and choreographer. He is best known for his home fitness programs for adults and children which include T25, Insanity and Hip-Hop Abs.
Life and career
Born as Shaun Thompson in Camden, New Jersey, he grew up in Philadelphia and was raised by his grandparents in Deptford Township, New Jersey, where he enjoyed football, baseball and running track as a student at Deptford Township High School. He received a bachelor's degree in sports science from Rowan University where he also minored in theatre and dance. He is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity. After gaining 50 pounds in his freshman year of college, Thompson became interested in fitness and changed his course of study. He lives in Phoenix, Arizona.
He began his professional life as a health and fitness specialist. He also became a personal trainer and health program manager at Wyeth and also worked at a number of fitness chains, including Equinox Fitness. Thompson began dancing in college, at 21 years old. He was required to teach an aerobics class which was part of his Sports Science degree and then became an aerobics instructor. After graduating from Rowan University, he moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a choreographer, dancer and trainer. Whilst in L.A., he received his first professional job as a dancer, which was for American pop star Mariah Carey. Thompson was teaching fitness classes at Equinox Fitness where he was approached by Beachbody who asked him to submit a demo for a workout video.
- "Shaun T biography and description". People.com. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- Kuperinsky, Amy. "How celebrity trainer Shaun T went from Camden survivor to fitness superstar", NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, August 8, 2016, updated July 21, 2017. Accessed September 27, 2018. "Shaun Thompson was born in Camden and spent his early years with his mother and brother in Philadelphia. Feeling trapped by what he describes as four years of sexual abuse by a family member, he took refuge with his grandparents in Deptford.... At Deptford High School, Blokker was a natural at track and field, but he really wanted to be the next Anderson Cooper."
- Shaun T Biography from www.shauntfitness.com
- Coach Wayne, Interview for Team Ripped
- IMDB biography
- Juzwiak, Rich (2012-10-15). "Insanity Creator Shaun T Comes Out via Retweet". Gawker/. Retrieved 2012-10-16.
Twitter items referred to by Gawker (may require registration to view):
- "What's Fitness Trainer Shaun T's Toughest Workout Ever? Raising Twin Toddlers".