Shaun T. Fitness
Shaun T. Thompson
May 2, 1978
|Alma mater||Rowan University (B.S.)|
|Occupation||Physical fitness trainer|
Shaun T. Fitness (born May 2, 1978) is an American fitness trainer. He is best known for his home fitness programs for adults and children which include T25, Insanity and Hip-Hop Abs.
Life and career
Born as Shaun Thompson in Camden, New Jersey, he grew up in Philadelphia and was raised by his grandparents in Deptford Township, New Jersey, where he enjoyed football, baseball and running track as a student at Deptford Township High School. He received a bachelor's degree in exercise science from Rowan University where he also minored in theatre and dance. He is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity. He lives in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Kuperinsky, Amy. "How celebrity trainer Shaun T went from Camden survivor to fitness superstar", NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, August 8, 2016, updated July 21, 2017. Accessed September 27, 2018. "Shaun Thompson was born in Camden and spent his early years with his mother and brother in Philadelphia. Feeling trapped by what he describes as four years of sexual abuse by a family member, he took refuge with his grandparents in Deptford.... At Deptford High School, Blokker was a natural at track and field, but he really wanted to be the next Anderson Cooper."
- Shaun T Biography from www.shauntfitness.com
- Coach Wayne, Interview for Team Ripped
- Juzwiak, Rich (2012-10-15). "Insanity Creator Shaun T Comes Out via Retweet". Gawker/. Retrieved 2012-10-16.
Twitter items referred to by Gawker (may require registration to view):
- "What's Fitness Trainer Shaun T's Toughest Workout Ever? Raising Twin Toddlers".