Beachbody fitness logo
|Founded||Santa Monica, California (1998 )|
|Headquarters||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Direct: US, Canada, U.K. (Beginning 2017) Indirect; worldwide|
|Products|| Beachbody On Demand (BOD)|
Beachbody LLC is an American multinational corporation that uses direct response infomercials, multi-level marketing, e-commerce and individual sales consultants, also known as coaches, to sell fitness, weight loss, and muscle building home-exercise videos. The company was founded in 1998 in Santa Monica, California. Among their products include P90X. In a 2015 posting to Cosmopolitan.com, Michelle Ruiz reports that some call Team BeachBody a "scheme". She quotes Marion Nestle, PhD, a professor of nutrition and food studies at New York University, as saying "It never ceases to amaze me that anyone would fall for anything like this. ... It's about making money."
Products and Services
- Fitness Programs
- Workout Gear
- Tony Horton
- Autumn Calabrese
- Shaun Thompson (Shaun T)
- Chalene Johnson
- Sagi Kalev
- Leandro Carvalho
- Debbie Siebers
- Dr. Mark Cheng
- Brett Hoebel
- Gillian Marloth Clark
- Teigh McDonough
- Kathy Smith
- "Beachbody Fitness, Nutrition, Diet and Weight Loss Products and Videos". Beachbody.com. October 19, 2009. Archived from the original on February 19, 2011. Retrieved February 14, 2011.
- Rovell, Darren. "Beachbody Grows Exponentially Thanks To Network Marketing". CNBC. Archived from the original on October 13, 2012. Retrieved April 1, 2012.
- "Beachbody Company Overview - Offices in Santa Monica, El Segundo and New York - beachbody.com". Beachbody. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- Michelle Ruiz (July 22, 2015). "This Cultish Workout Is All Over Your Social Media Feeds — But Is It Legit?". cosmopolitan.com.
- "Trainers - About Us - Product Groups". Beachbody. Retrieved 2018-05-15. line feed character in
|title=at position 9 (help)