|Full name||Shaune David Fraser|
|National team||Cayman Islands|
March 29, 1988 |
George Town, Cayman Islands
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
|Strokes||Freestyle, butterfly, individual medley|
|Club||Stingray Swim Club|
|College team||University of Florida|
Shaune David Fraser (born March 29, 1988) is a competition swimmer and Pan American Games silver medalist from the Cayman Islands. Fraser represented the Cayman Islands at the 2004, 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics.
Fraser graduated from the Bolles School, a private high school located in Jacksonville, Florida, known for its excellent prep swim teams. He received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he was a finance major and swam for coach Gregg Troy's Florida Gators swimming and diving team in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) competition from 2006 to 2010. At the 2009 Men's NCAA Division I Championships, he set a school record in winning the 200-yard freestyle (1:31.70) and an NCAA record in winning the 200-yard butterfly (1:40.75). Fraser earned twenty-seven All-American accolades in his four years as a Gator swimmer, one fewer than the maximum number possible, and the most of any male swimmer in Gators history.
At the 2006 Central American and Caribbean Games in Cartagena, Colombia, he set the Games record in the 200-meter freestyle (1:49.84), bettering the 24-year-old mark of 1:51.71 set by Venezuela's Alberto Mestre at the 1982 Games. At the 2007 Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Fraser garnered a silver medal in the 200-meter freestyle. Four years later at the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico, Fraser again won the silver medal in the men's 200-meter freestyle, finishing second behind his brother Brett.
- Sports-Reference.com, Olympic Sports, Shaune Fraser. Retrieved July 14, 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-29. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- Gatorzone.com, Men's Swimming & Diving, Shaune Fraser. Retrieved July 14, 2010.
- "NCAA Men's Division I Championships: Florida's Shaune Fraser Races to 200 Free Victory Archived 2012-03-07 at the Wayback Machine.," Swimming World Magazine (March 27, 2009). Retrieved June 24, 2009.
- "NCAA Men's Division I Championships: Florida's Shaune Fraser Lowers Own NCAA Record in 200 Fly Archived 2013-01-30 at the Wayback Machine.," Swimming World Magazine (March 28, 2009). Retrieved June 24, 2009.
- GatorZone.com, Men's Swimming & Diving, Brett Fraser. Retrieved July 14, 2010.