Shaw High School (Ohio)
|Shaw High School|
|East Cleveland, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County) 44112
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||East Cleveland School District|
|Color(s)||Red and Black|
|Athletics conference||Lake Erie League|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Athletic Director||Henderson Deal|
Shaw High School is a public high school located in East Cleveland, Ohio, United States; it is the only high school in the East Cleveland School District. The current Shaw facility was constructed around 2007.
Home football games and performances by the world-famous marching band, who traveled to China after being selected to perform at ceremonies for the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics, are held at Shaw Stadium.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Tom Matte, NFL Baltimore Colts RB
- Buddy Schultz, MLB player
- Eric Moten, NFL OL
- Darryl Talley, NFL LB
- Wayne Dawson, television news anchor
- Jim Backus, actor
- John Henton, actor/comedian
- Eleanor Parker, actress
- Joe Little III, singer-songwriter
- Christopher Michael, Award winning American Slam Poetry performer; Vice President of Poetry Slam, Inc. ; Author;
- Bob Kelly, MLB Pitcher
- Denayne Davidson-Dixon, former Arena Football League player
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- East Cleveland City School District. "East Cleveland City Schools: Shaw High School". Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- "School Bell Vol. 9, No. 1." East Cleveland School District; retrieved March 7, 2009.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- School Bell Vol. 20, No. 1, East Cleveland School District; retrieved March 7, 2009.