This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
She was a touring backing vocalist for R&B singer, Chaka Khan, from 1982 to 1985. She was also a member of the industrial dance band known as My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult, and sang with the group Sonia Dada. She is the sister of the R&B singer, keyboardist, and producer Gavin Christopher.
During the 1990s, she also scored three #1 singles on the Hot Dance Club Play chart in her own right: "Another Sleepless Night", in 1991 (which also reached #67 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and #50 on the UK Singles Chart); "Don't Lose the Magic", in 1992 (which peaked at #71 on the Hot 100, and UK chart #30); and "Sweet Freedom", in 1998. In addition, she sang backing vocals on Jimmy Somerville's #1 Hot Dance Club Play track from 1995, "Heartbeat".
In 1997, the American garage/house act Dem2 sampled portions of "Another Sleepless Night" for their UK release "Destiny (Sleepless)."
- List of number-one dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart
- Hart, Hugh (1991-06-26). "Here's the flip side of a family success story: Son gives mom a break". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2009-09-14.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 106. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Dem 2 - Destiny (Original Mix)" from YouTube
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a house musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|