|Full name||Shawn Kuykendall|
|Date of birth||February 21, 1982|
|Place of birth||Fairfax, Virginia|
|Date of death||March 12, 2014(aged 32)|
|Place of death||Washington, D.C.|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2004||Cape Cod Crusaders|
|2006||New York Red Bulls||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 July 2006.
His parents are Kurt and Sherry Kuykendall. Kurt Kuykendall was inducted into the American University Athletics Hall of Fame in 1997, and was a 1973 All-American goalkeeper. Kurt played for the Washington Diplomats and the New York Cosmos in the NASL. Both parents attended American University, in Washington D.C.
Other Kuykendalls have signed with American University. Shawn's brother, JP, played between 2004 and 2008. His other brother, Kris, graduated in 2003, and was co-captain of the 2002 team.
A non-profit organization supporting the fight against pediatric cancer called Kuykenstrong was formed in Kuykendall's memory following his death.
- Drafted by D.C. United, in the 4th round – 48th overall – in the 2005 MLS Supplemental Draft. Kuykendall played his first game on July 15, 2005.
- In 2006, he and Dema Kovalenko, were traded to the New York Red Bulls.
- "Shawn Kuykendall, former D.C. United and American U. player, dies at 32". Washington Times. 12 March 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "‘I need God more than ever’". Washington Post. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- Foss, Mike (12 March 2014). "A former MLS player lost his battle with cancer today, but he won so much more". USA Today. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "‘Kuykenstrong About’". Kuykenstrong. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "Red Bulls acquire Kovalenko, Kuykendall". USA Today. August 10, 2006.