Shawn Stussy is an American fashion designer and surfer. In 1980 Stussy founded his eponymous brand Stüssy, which was originally surfer-style clothing started with "transferring surfboard graphics to T shirts and shorts".
Prior to a fashion career, he was designing album covers for various bands during the late 1980s and early 1990s. In 1991 he designed the artwork for Big Audio Dynamite II's album The Globe. By 1993 he had two retail stores in Los Angeles and New York, in addition to selling his clothing through partner boutiques and stores. The brand encompasses surf, skate, hip-hop and club culture influences.
- David Bartal (January 14, 2003). "Los Angeles's playful side". New York Times. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- "STYLE: Where Surf Meets Rap". Time Magazine. February 11, 1991. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- Lara Chan-Baker Interview: Shawn Stussy Acclaim magazine
- Connelly, Laylan (June 19, 2016). "Surfers' Hall of Fame announces 2016 class". The Orange County Register. p. Local 4.
- "Planet B@D1" (PDF). Planet B@D. 2012. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- Myers, Ben (January 21, 2011). "Big Audio Dynamite: more pioneering than the Clash?". The Guardian. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- Cara Greenberg (June 13, 1993). "FORAGING; Where the Clothes Match the Music". New York Times. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- hypebeast BBC's 'The Look' Examines the Roots of Stüssy August 2013
- @shawnstussy on Instagram
- Lincoln Eather, A chat with Shawn Stussy Empire Ave July 12, 2013
- S/Double,  Shawn Stussy
|This article about an American person related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|