Shawnee Mountain Ski Area
|Location||Middle Smithfield Township / Smithfield Township, Monroe County, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Nearest major city||East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania|
|Vertical||700 ft (210 m)|
|Top elevation||1,351 ft (412 m)|
|Skiable area||125 acres|
|Longest run||5,100 ft (1,600 m)|
|Lift system||9 total. 1 high-speed detachable quad chair, 1 fixed-grip quad chair, 4 Doubles, 4 Surface Lifts|
|Terrain parks||2 total|
Shawnee Mountain is a family oriented ski resort in Eastern Pennsylvania located right outside East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, I-80, exit 309, next to the Delaware River in the easternmost part of The Poconos.
Shawnee Mountain has a summit elevation of 1,350 feet (410 m) and vertical elevation change of 700 ft (210 m) There are 125 acres (0.51 km2) of skiing terrain. The mountain has a total of 23 trails, the longest of which is 5,100 feet (1,554 m), and two terrain parks. The Bushkill Park currently has many features including rails, boxes, a set of stairs, and a Tepee Wall Ride. The other park features boxes and rails. Shawnee has 23 slopes and trails, two terrain parks, and a snow-tubing park with a total area of 125 acres.
Shawnee Mountain has nine lifts. Its main lift is a high speed-Detachable chairlift from Doppelmayr CTEC that was bought in 2010. This quad lift reaches the top in only 3 minutes and is called Tomahawk Express. The other quad chairlift is the Arrowhead Chairlift. There is a double-double chairlift (two chairlifts together). Normally, only one of the doubles is open. Then is another double chairlift (only one) called the Bushkill Chairlift that takes people over the Bushkill Terrain Park. This is a very narrow chairlift and the longest one. Then at the beginner's hill, there is a small double chairlift. Next to it is a magic carpet lift. Then at the learning center is another magic carpet. Also, there is a snowtubing magic carpet.
In 2013 and 2014, Shawnee was able to open late November due to an aggressive snow season. Typically, skiing is open until some time in March.
The base building houses lounges, restaurants and bars, rental and repair shops, locker facilities and offices. A ski school is on the premises.
- "Shawnee Mountain". Ski Central. Retrieved 2014-04-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Chuck Ayers. "Shawnee Mountain Ski Resort in Pennsylvania". USA Today. Retrieved 2014-04-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Joan Bahr (2012-01-06). "Shawnee Mountain Ski Area: A Huffington Post Travel Ski Resort Guide". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2014-04-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Marshall S. Berdan (2013-11-15). "10 ski destinations close to Long Island". News Day. Retrieved 2014-04-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Shawnee Mountain ski area opens Friday in Poconos". WFMZ. 2013-11-26. Retrieved 2014-04-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)