Shawnee Slopes, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Diane Colley-Urquhart|
|• Total||1.3 km2 (0.5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,065 m (3,494 ft)|
|• Average Income||$106,379|
|Website||Shawnee Slopes Community Association|
Shawnee Slopes is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the south by James McKevitt Road, to the east by Macleod Trail, to the north by Fish Creek Provincial Park and to the west by Evergreen Street SW. The Shawnee Slopes Golf Course is developed in the center of the community. On 13 June 2011 it was announced that the Golf course will permanently close to the public, effective 2 October 2011. As of 11 February 2013 city council approved the redevelopment of the golf course lands to add 1400 homes to the community. This community is closely connected with the first-built, the northern section of the neighbouring Evergreen community. Shawnee and this part of Evergreen share the same Community association, while the rest of Evergreen is independent.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $106,379 in 2005, with 3.4% of the residents living in low income households. As of 2006, 26.9% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 12.9% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 1.6% of the housing was used for renting.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2009). "Shawnee Slopes Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- Geo-Energy Enterprises. "Shawnee Slopes Development - News". Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- Sherri Zickefoose. "Council approves developer’s plan for Shawnee Slopes". Retrieved 2013-02-12.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved 2013-02-03.