|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Diane Colley-Urquhart|
|• Total||2.7 km2 (1.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,060 m (3,480 ft)|
|• Density||3,500/km2 (8,900/sq mi)|
|Website||Shawnessy Community Association|
Shawnessy is a suburban residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by Shawnessy Boulevard to the north, MacLeod Trail to the east, 162 Avenue S to the south and James McKevitt Road to the west.
It is served by the Shawnessy station of the C-Train LRT system. Shawnessy Town Centre is a regional shopping area located east of the community, and Fish Creek Provincial Park is located north of the neighbourhood.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $72,687 in 2000, and there were 6.7% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 16.7% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 6.1% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 5.7% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Father Doucet Elementary School (Calgary Catholic School Board) and Janet Johnstone Elementary public school. A middle school named Samuel W. Shaw School also serves the community.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Calgary Communities. "Shawnessy Community Association". Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 13 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2007-05-13.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Shawnessy Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-13.