Shayan Chowdhury Arnob
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Shayan Chowdhury (Arnob)|
Arnob performing at University of Texas at Dallas on October 2012
|Native name||শায়ন চৌধুরী|
|Also known as||Arnob (Bengali: অর্ণব)|
27 January 1979 |
|Genres||Indie, rock, fusion, folk, Rabindra Sangeet|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, singer, musician|
|Instruments||Piano, keyboards, vocals, Guitar, Tabla, Drums, Harmonium, Harmonica, Dotara, Ektara, Flute, Esraj, Sarangi, Violin, Sitar, Saxophone|
|Labels||Adhkhana Music, Bengal Music Company Limited|
|Associated acts||Bangla, Sahana Bajpaie, Srabonti Narmeen Ali, Saad, the MAK, Zohad, Andrew, Idris Rahman, Fariha Kamal, Rajib Ashraf,|
Shayan Chowdhury, (born 27 January 1979; known as Arnob) is a Bangladeshi musician, singer and composer.
Chowdhury used to live Dhaka in his childhood. But when he was ready to take the primary education, his parents sent him to Shanti Niketan for a better arts education. There he completed his school life. He earned his master's degree from Vishwa Bharati University.
Chowdhury, Sahana Bajpaie, Buno and another artist Anusheh Anadil formed the band Bangla in Visva-Bharati. They started performing in Kolkata. Later he has released four solo albums and also worked with Prayer Hall. The debut album as a solo artist was Chaina Bhabish which included the acoustic version of the song Shey Je Boshe Achhe, followed by Hok Kolorob. This album was a compilation of songs Arnob had written during his years at Shantiniketan. This album also contains lyrics of Sahana Bajpaie and Taufiq Riaz.
Chowdhury released his third album Doob in April 2008. He worked with Sahana Bajpaie, Srabonti Narmeen Ali, Saad, the MAK, Zohad, Andrew, Idris Rahman, Fariha Kamal, Rajib Ashraf and others. Arnob released his fourth album "Rod Boleche Hobe" in October 2010. It is his 4th studio album and was released from his own music company "Adhkhana Music".
Chowdhury has also arranged the music for Sahana Bajpaie's Rabindra Sangeet album Notun Kore Pabo Bolay and for Krishnokoli's album of original songs titled Surje Badhi Basha. He contributed to the theme songs - Bandhan, Flat no 40, Sporshe'r Baire - and TV advertisements . On 11 August 2009 his concert album was released named Arnob and friends live. In 2012 he released his 5th solo album a Rabindra Sangeet album named Adheko Ghume. His last album called "Khub Doob" was realised in 2015. The album was mainly for some students who lost their school at Bandarban. Arnob sold his album from his own hand and cover of that album was painted by him and those school students.
Chowdhury was the music director of the Bengali films Monpura, Aha!, Jaago, Dip Nevar Age and Kolkata Calling! Now he is working in his own band called "Arnob and friends" the band has some great musician from Bangladesh. One of them is Pantha Kanai.
Solo Studio Albums
- Chaina Bhabish (May 2005 - Ektaar Music)
- Hok Kolorob (Aug 2006 - BMC)
- Doob (April 2008 - BMC)
- Rod Boleche Hobe (October 2010)
- Adheko Ghume (Rabindra Sangeet - June 2012 - Adhkhana Muzik)
- Khoob Doob (May 2015)
- Tui Bolle (Arnob) (August 2015)
- Ondho Shohor (June 2017)
- Arnob & Friends Live (Songs From The World Tour 2008- Aug 2009 - BMC,April 2013 )
Featuring other artists
- Sahana Bajpaie - Notun Kore Pabo Bole (Rabindra Sangeet)
- Anusheh Anadil - Insurmountably (Bangla (band))
- Prayer Hall - Bujcho?
- Krishnokoli Islam - Shurje Badhi Basha
- Various Artis - Jhalmuri-1
- Various Artist - Jhalmuri-2
- Srabonti Ali - My City
Chowdhury's father, Swapan Chowdhury, was a member of the team which sang songs for the freedom fighters of Bangladesh in 1971. It was shown in the documentary Muktir Gaan. His uncle Tapan Chowdhury is also a notable musician. Arnob was married to Sahana Bajpaie, an Indian musician. They were divorced in 2008.
Chowdhury's first documentary film, Introspection, was on his father Swapan Chowdhury for one of his exhibitions on his water color series hosted by Bengal foundation. After finishing study he used to come back Dhaka. Arnob mainly composing songs but he is trying to direct films like other artist did before. He used to attend some workshops on that platform. Arnob likes pets, he has a dog called "Doobba". He likes to play football and kicking football by left leg.
- Zia Nazmul Islam (24 May 2014). "Arnob, More Than a Musician". Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- Hussain Amir Ali (27 June 2005). "Tête-à-tête: Shayan Chowdhury Arnob". New Age. Archived from the original on 23 November 2006. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- Karim Waheed (15 August 2008). "'Monpura': Rustic soul wrapped in urban sensitivity". The Daily Star.
- Fayza Haq (16 December 2004). "Swapan Chowdhury's vision of the warfront". The Daily Star. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Sahana lends voice to Arnob's music". Dhaka Tribune. 3 February 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shayan Chowdhury Arnob.|