Lamas in May 2009
|Born||Shayne Dahl Lamas
November 6, 1985
Santa Monica, California
|Years active||1999, 2003–present|
|Known for||Reality show The Bachelor|
|Spouse(s)||Nik Richie (m. 2010–present)|
|Parent(s)||Lorenzo Lamas and Michele Cathy Smith|
Shayne Lamas was born in Santa Monica, California, the daughter of Lorenzo Lamas and Michele Smith. Her brother is actor AJ Lamas. Her grandparents were Argentine actor Fernando Lamas and American actress Arlene Dahl.
Lamas won season 12 of ABC's The Bachelor, with Matt Grant, who proposed to her on the season finale. Lamas has been in Leave it to Lamas, General Hospital, Air America, The 13th Alley and In The Pines.
Lamas was engaged to British bachelor Matt Grant after winning ABC's The Bachelor season 12. Grant proposed to Lamas in the show's season finale. In July 2008, amid rumors of a split, Lamas and Matt Grant announced they were no longer engaged. "We tried hard to make it work but we realized that we were both heading in different directions," the duo said in a statement. "We truly care about each other and will remain close friends."
Lamas went on to marry Nik Richie, and gave birth to their daughter Press Dahl Lamas-Richie on November 11, 2011. On January 19, 2014, Richie confirmed Lamas was pregnant with their second child. Lamas suffered a miscarriage in early February 2014.
Lamas's second child, a son named Lyon Lamas-Richie was born via surrogate on July 4, 2015.
On November 14, 2009, she was stopped at a Sobriety checkpoint in Venice, California. After failing a Breathalyzer test, she was arrested for DUI. After her arrest, she released a statement saying she had consumed one drink the night of her arrest, and apologizing for her "lack of judgment." On December 7, 2009, two days ahead of a scheduled court appearance, she pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of "wet reckless." She was fined $300, sentenced to three years' probation and ordered to undergo alcohol education and complete the Los Angeles County Morgue program.
- 1999: Air America as Flight attendant (1 episode)
- 2003 - 2005: General Hospital as Young Carly Jacks (flashbacks)
- 2006: Monster Night as Poker babe #1
- 2008: The Bachelor: London Calling as herself (contestant)
- 2008: The 13th Alley as Ashley
- 2009: Deep in the Valley as Candi
- 2009: Leave it to Lamas as Herself (all episodes, main cast)
- 2010: In The Pines as Maggie (in production)
- 2012: Couples Therapy" as herself
- "Shayne Lamas: Biography". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "Lorenzo Lamas' daughter one of the 25 on 'The Bachelor'". philly.com. 2008-03-13.
- "The Bachelor". Yahoo! TV.
- Brace Yourself World! Nik Richie And Shayne Lamas Expecting Baby Number Two
- "Shayne Lamas Hospitalized After Miscarriage". People. February 10, 2014.
- Shayne Lamas and Husband Nik Richie Welcome Baby Boy Via Surrogate
- "Shayne Lamas Busted for DUI". E! Online. November 15, 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- Everett, Cristina (November 15, 2009). "Shayne Lamas arrested for DUI: 'I take full responsibility for my lack of judgment'". New York: NYDailyNews.com. Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- "Shayne Lamas Goes "Wet Reckless," Avoids DUI". E! Online. December 7, 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- "Shayne Lamas Fined $300 For DUI Arrest". StarPulse.com. December 8, 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- In The Pines (2009) at the Internet Movie Database
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shayne Lamas.|