Shayne M. Bowen
|Shayne M. Bowen|
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|April 1, 2006|
|Called by||Gordon B. Hinckley|
|Born||Shayne Martell Bowen
August 29, 1954
Rigby, Idaho, United States
Bowen was born in Rigby, Idaho. From 1973 to 1975, he was a missionary in the church's Chile Santiago Mission. During his time in Santiago, Bowen was briefly imprisoned by the Augusto Pinochet regime under suspicions of espionage. He was released when they realized he was simply a missionary. After his mission he studied at Brigham Young University, where he received a bachelor's degree in English and a minor in Spanish in 1977.
Bowen was employed in the insurance business and was president and owner of Bowen Insurance, now known as BowenGroup. He is married to Lynette Mortensen and they have seven children.
Bowen has served in a variety of positions within the LDS Church, including bishop, high councilor, stake president (twice), president of the Spain Barcelona Mission (2000–03) and area seventy.
In April 2006, Bowen was appointed a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy. As a general authority, he has served as president of the church's South America South Area from 2008 to 2010, as an Assistant Executive Director in the church's Priesthood Department, and since August 2014 as a counselor in the church's Philippines Area.
- Dockstader Heaps, Julie (22 April 2006). "Reliance on faith prepared new leader well: Values and beliefs have been mainstay through joy and trial". Church News. Retrieved 2015-05-06..
-  Mormon Channel, Conversations, Elder Shayne M. Bowern
- "New stake presidents", Church News, December 8, 1990
- "New stake presidents", Church News, March 27, 2004
- "New mission presidents", Church News, February 12, 2000
- "New area seventies", Church News, April 16, 2005
- "Area Leadership Assignments, 2014" Church News, 3 May 2014.
- "Elder Shayne M. Bowen Of the Seventy," Liahona, May 2006, p. 124
- "General Authorities: Elder Shayne M. Bowen", lds.org
- Grampa Bill's G.A. Pages: Shayne M. Bowen
- BowenGroup's Homepage