She's a Beauty
|"She's a Beauty"|
|Single by The Tubes|
|from the album Outside Inside|
|B-side||"When You're Ready to Come"|
|The Tubes singles chronology|
"She's a Beauty" is a song by American rock band The Tubes. Released in 1983 on The Tubes' album Outside Inside from Capitol Records, the song became the band's biggest hit. It went to number 10 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart and number one on the U.S. Mainstream Rock Tracks chart which charts the frequency of songs played on mainstream rock stations.
"She's a Beauty" is track one on side one of the Outside Inside LP, on which it runs 4:01. It is side A on the single; the B-side is a non-album track, "When You're Ready to Come".
The popularity of "She's a Beauty" was largely driven by a narrative music video  that became a staple of then-fledgling MTV. This video was directed by Kenny Ortega, also the choreographer of The Tubes' stage shows. Ortega achieved greater success choreographing movies such as Dirty Dancing and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and as a director with High School Musical and its sequels.
- Step right up and don't be shy
- Because you will not believe your eyes
- She's right here, behind the glass
- And you're gonna like her
- 'Cause she's got class.
He takes money from a young boy who then rides a carnival car through hallucinogenic scenes of a mermaid, female trapeze artist, prehistoric women dressed in furs, and others. The recurring theme is that he is attracted but is unable to reach them. At the end of the video we see the boy exiting the ride aged to an old man, the message apparently being the financial and emotional cost of falling in love with but being unable to obtain his heart's desire.
"She's a Beauty" was co-written by Fee Waybill, producer David Foster and Steve Lukather. Waybill says the song was originally inspired when he passed a booth on a San Francisco street outside a peep show, the booth being marked with a sign reading "Pay A Dollar, Talk to a Naked Girl", and the frustrating conversation that ensued between him and the woman inside the booth. Thus the lines in the song, "She'll give you every penny's worth/but it will cost you a dollar first."
- "Spot On Track - The Spotify Tracker". www.spotontrack.com. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- Spooner, Bill. "The Tubes "She's a Beauty" Sheet Music in D Major - Download & Print". Musicnotes.com. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- Music video for "She's a Beauty" at YouTube.
- Lee, Chris (1998). "Interview with Alexis Arquette". indexmagazine.com. Archived from the original on April 15, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-05.
- The Tubes perform "She's a Beauty", YouTube, Wildhorse Saloon, Nashville, Tennessee, 13 June 2008. Fee Waybill gives a three-minute introduction into the origins of the song.
- Hung, Steffen. "australian-charts.com - The Tubes - She's A Beauty". australian-charts.com. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- "she's-a-beauty | full Official Chart History | Official Charts Company". Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- "Top 100 Songs of 1983 - Billboard Year End Charts". Bob Borst's Home of Pop Culture. Retrieved 2017-12-29.