She's So High (Blur song)
|"She's So High/I Know"|
|Single by Blur|
|from the album Leisure|
|B-side||"I Know" (7")|
|Released||15 October 1990|
|Blur singles chronology|
"She's So High" is a song by English band Blur, released as a double A-side single with "I Know" on 15 October 1990 as their debut single. It is the first track on the band's first album, Leisure, released in 1991.
On the MTV Blurography special of 1996, in which the band members talked about the promotional videos, drummer Dave Rowntree recalled, "The head of our record company, David Balfe, wanted to try his hand at video directing. There were these neon rings suspended from the ceiling by three wires, each with someone holding a wire. He [Balfe] wanted these people to wobble the wires so that the neon rings would move. He kept shouting, 'I haven't seen the definitive wobble yet!'". Lead singer Damon Albarn appeared in a Penguin Books shirt, which has become something of a cult icon.
"She's So High" reached number 48 in the UK Singles Chart. It was named NME's single of the week, and was later included on Blur: The Best of over higher-charting tracks, an indication of its ultimate popularity. It is one of the few tracks from that album that the band have continued to perform live throughout their career.
All songs written by Blur.
- Damon Albarn – lead vocals, synthesizers, production on "Sing" and "Down"
- Graham Coxon – guitar, backing vocals, production on "Sing" and "Down"
- Alex James – bass guitar, backing vocals, production on "Sing" and "Down"
- Dave Rowntree – drums, backing vocals, production on "Sing" and "Down"
- Additional personnel
- Steve Lovell – production on "She's So High" and "I Know"
- Steve Power – production on "She's So High" and "I Know"
|UK Singles Chart||48|
- James, Alex (2007). Bit of a Blur. Little, Brown & Company.
- "Blur 21: The Exhibition Discover 21 years of iconic photographs and artwork". blur.co.uk. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "BLUR | Artist". Official Charts. Retrieved 5 May 2013.