SheSays India is an NGO based in Mumbai, India working to promote gender equality and further the rights of women. Its website is accessible in regional and foreign languages, to educate people on their rights, the laws and redressal mechanisms against gender-based violence. It is founded and led by Trisha Shetty, who is a lawyer and social activist.
The website provides relevant information on laws on sexual violence in India in a simplified language and format. It also provides step-by-step information on how to file an FIR, things to remember when going to a hospital, police station, lawyers and court proceedings. This information is also accessible in Hindi, Marathi and German.
The NGO has tied up with Global Citizen India to petition for sanitary napkins to be tax-free. The NGO also offers counselling support to survivors of sexual abuse and maps the closest police station, hospital and psychologist for immediate help for victims.
- "She Says | About". www.shesays.in. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- "Remove VAT from sanitary napkins | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. 2016-11-20. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- "Soon, one-stop portal to combat sexual crimes". The Indian Express. 2015-04-20. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- "Latin American Herald Tribune - Young Indian Woman Takes Fight against Sexual Violence Online". www.laht.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- "Now, a one-stop online portal for women affected by sexual abuse | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. 2015-08-17. Retrieved 2017-04-15.