She (1917 film)
|Directed by||Kenean Buel|
|Screenplay by||Mary Murillo|
|Based on||She: A History of Adventure
by H. Rider Haggard
|Cinematography||Frank G. Kugler|
|Distributed by||Fox Film Corporation|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
She was a 1917 American silent fantasy adventure drama film directed by Kenean Buel and produced and distributed by the Fox Film Corporation. It was loosely based on H. Rider Haggard's oft filmed 1887 best-selling novel, She: A History of Adventure. Now considered lost, the film starred Valeska Suratt and Ben Taggart.
- Valeska Suratt – Ayesha, 'She'
- Ben Taggart – Leo Vincey
- Miriam Fouche – Ustane
- Thomas Wigney Persyval – Billali
- Tom Burrough – Horace Holly
- Martin Reagan – Job
- Leibfried, Philip (2000). Rudyard Kipling and Sir Henry Rider Haggard On Screen, Stage, Radio, and Television. McFarland. p. 166. ISBN 0-786-40707-7.
- "She". Catalog of Feature Films. American Film Institute. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- International Museum of Photography at George Eastman House; Pratt, George C. (1982). Faces and Fabrics/Feathers and Furs. George Eastman House. p. 3. ISBN 0-935-39805-8.
- She at the Internet Movie Database
- She at AllMovie
- She at Silent Era
- Scene from the now lost film (Univ. of Washington, Sayre collection)
|This article about a silent adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|