She Is Love
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"She Is Love"|
|Single by Oasis|
|from the album Heathen Chemistry|
|A-side||"Little by Little"|
|Released||23 September 2002|
|Format||7", 12", CD, DVD|
|Oasis singles chronology|
"She Is Love" is a song by English rock band Oasis, first released as the ninth track on their fifth studio album, Heathen Chemistry, written and sung by guitarist Noel Gallagher. In September 2002, it was released with "Little by Little" as the first double A-sided single by the band, peaking at number two on the UK Singles Chart (see 2002 in British music). The song was written about Noel Gallagher's girlfriend Sara McDonald and is a light, acoustic song about being in love.
Gallagher claims it was written in the Buckingham Gate Hotel in London, and that it took 30 minutes to complete. The band commissioned British fashion art director Rachel Thomas to make a promo video for the song. However, the resulting film, a mix of animation and live action, has never been released on any format.
This track is also included on the compilation album Time Flies... 1994–2009
"When love beckons to you, follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you yield to him, though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you."
- Noel Gallagher – lead vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- Gem Archer – acoustic guitar
- Alan White – tambourine, handclaps
- Mike Rowe – pump organ, hammond organ
- 7" RKID 26, CD RKIDSCD 26, 12" RKID 26T
- "Little by Little" - 4:57
- "She Is Love" - 3:11
- "My Generation" - 4:05 (CD and 12" only)
- "My Generation" was recorded live at the BBC's Maida Vale studios on 20 January 2000. The sleevenotes claim it was recorded on 7 February 2000 but this was the transmission date, not the recording date.
- DVD RKIDSDVD 26
- "Little by Little" - 5:02
- "Little by Little" (demo) - 4:55
- 10 minutes of noise and confusion - pt three - 8:31
- The third part of the "10 Minutes..." documentary looks behind the scenes of their sell out shows at Finsbury Park in London from 5 to 7 July 2002.