Sheboygan Lutheran High School
|Sheboygan Lutheran High School|
LHS in Sheboygan, Wisconsin USA January 10th, 2012
|3323 University Drive
Sheboygan, Wisconsin 53081
|School type||Private Secondary|
|Motto||Preparing Christian Leaders -
One Student at a Time
|Religious affiliation(s)||Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod|
|School color(s)||Green, Gold|
Sheboygan Lutheran High School is a private secondary school in Sheboygan, Wisconsin near the University of Wisconsin–Sheboygan campus on the city's southwest side. It is operated by the Lutheran High School Association of the Greater Sheboygan Area, Inc., an association of Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod congregations in the Sheboygan area.
The school was opened in 1978 by a group of Lutherans. The school dedicated its first building in 1980 and has added two additions to the campus. In 2011, it opened Neat Repeats Thrift Shop, a community thrift shop in Plymouth, Wisconsin, to benefit the school.
Sheboygan Lutheran High School is affiliated with the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS). A majority of the faculty and staff are members of congregations belonging to the LCMS. The staff includes an ordained minister.
All teaching at the school conforms with the Lutheran Confessions (Book of Concord). The school accepts students from a wide variety of Christian and non-Christian backgrounds, but prefers those with a religious background.
Sheboygan Area Lutheran High School offers a Christian college preparatory curriculum.
Music and other extra curricular activities
- Choir: Chamber Choir, Konzertchor
- Band: Concert band, Jazz band, pep band, Pit Orchestra
- Other extra-curricular activities: fall and spring drama, forensics, national honor society, student council
Fall sports: boys' soccer, boys' American football (combined team with Sheboygan County Christian High School and Kohler High School; home games are played at Kohler's field), girls' volleyball, boys' cross country (Division 3 champions 2004, 2005 and 2006), girls' cross country (Division 3 runners-up 2008), and girls' swimming.
Winter sports: boys' basketball (2011-12 Division 5 champions) and girls' basketball and dance team.
Spring sports: girls' softball, boys' track, girls' track, boys' golf, girls' soccer and co-ed trap shooting.
Summer sports: boys' baseball. In the 2011-2012 basketball season, led by Sam Dekker, won their conference, regionals, sectionals, and finally Division 5 state. This was the first time in school history this has happened.
- Sam Dekker, basketball player for the Houston Rockets
- Joe Leibham, former member of the Wisconsin Senate from the 9th district
- "Lutheran High School Association of the Greater Sheboygan Area, Inc.". GuideStar.
- "Neat Repeats Thrift Shop". Retrieved November 21, 2016.
- http://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/344062?referrer_id=532521. Missing or empty
- Sheboygan Area Lutheran High School website: Fall sports Archived May 5, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Sheboygan Area Lutheran High School website: Winter sports Archived October 5, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Sheboygan Area Lutheran High School website: Spring sports Archived May 5, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Sheboygan Area Lutheran High School website: Summer sports Archived March 11, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sheboygan High School.|