Sheboygan Area School District
|Sheboygan Area School District|
Learning Today. Leading Tomorrow.
|Type and location|
|Grades||PK - 12|
|Location||830 Virginia Avenue
|Students and staff|
Sheboygan Area School District is a school district in Sheboygan, Wisconsin that serves that city, the village of Cleveland, and the towns of Centerville, Mosel, Sheboygan and Wilson. It has about 1,187 teachers and other employees and about 10,232 students. Dr. Joe Sheehan is the superintendent.
The district comprises one early childhood school, 12 elementary schools, three middle schools, and two high schools. In addition, it operates several alternative programs, including Riverview Alternative Program for students at risk of dropping out, STRIVE Alternative Program (Sheboygan Transition through Reintegration and Involvement in Vocational and Education) for severely emotionally disturbed students, W.A.V.E. Alternative Program (Alternative Work, Academic and Vocational Education), Teen-Age Parent Program (TAPP) and Teenship I and II. Many of these programs are housed at the former Central High School building, which also serves as the home of the central district offices.
The high schools host their graduation ceremony in a combined fashion in the second week of June in Vollrath Park's natural bowl amphitheater, with North graduates sitting at the north end and South's graduates filling the south portion of the bowl. In the event of inclement weather, the ceremonies are held individually at the school's respective field houses.
Early childhood schools
- Early Learning Center
- Cleveland (in the village of Cleveland, serves the residents of that village and the town of Mosel)
- James Madison
- Pigeon River
- Farnworth Middle School
- Urban Middle School
- Horace Mann Middle School
- George D. Warriner Middle School
- IDEAS Academy
- Central High School (former; student body was moved to new Sheboygan South High School in 1960)
- Central High School (current; charter school)
- Sheboygan North High School
- Sheboygan South High School
- George D. Warriner High School
- Jailbound Instruction
- Adolescent Treatment Program (ATP)
- Homebound and Hospitalbound Instruction
|This Wisconsin school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|