|Slogan||Sheeel ... A Deal Everyday|
Type of site
|Available in||English and Arabic|
|Owner||Tawseel General Trading, W.L.L.|
|Launched||January 19, 2011|
|39,762 (April 2014[update])|
Sheeel.com is a Kuwaiti deal-of-the-day website generally offering one discounted product a day, covering several categories such as, Electronics, Household Goods, and Toys. The origin of the website name comes from the Arabic language, where the word "Sheeel", (Arabic:شيييل) is the affirmative form of the verb "raise" which is usually used for picking up items or buying goods at bazaars.
Sheeel.com sold its first deal on January 19, 2011.
Sheeel.com was awarded first prize in the Kuwait e-Awards under the e-commerce category, only three months after launch. The Kuwait e-Awards is sponsored by the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS), and is arranged in cooperation with the World Summit Award.
The website sells one discounted deal a day. The selection of products covers various categories including but not limited to Electronics, Toys, Fashion, Fragrances, Home Medical Equipment, and Appliances. From time to time, the website will randomly offers bonus deals when a daily product sell-out early. The website marketing efforts is focused on driving traffic using social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook. In terms of accessibility, Sheeel.com is viewable as a normal website using desktop browser and as a Webapp using Smartphones.
- Amara, Darlynn (January 19, 2011). "Universal Media launches Sheeel.com, enticing online shoppers across the GCC". Al Watan Daily.
- "Sheeel.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Sheeel.com FAQ".
- "Universal Media launches Sheeel.com". Media ME. January 19, 2011.
- "KFAS awards E-Store www.Sheeel.com the Kuwait e-Awards 2011 within e-commerce category". Zawya.com. June 9, 2011.
- "KFAS Kuwait e-Award Winners list". Kuwait e-Awards.
- "WSA NAtional Contest". World Summit Award.
- "Sheeel.com". Sheeel.com.