Sheffield School of Architecture
The Sheffield School of Architecture is an architecture school in Sheffield, England, and part of the University of Sheffield. It is located on the top 6 floors of the Arts Tower. The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015 placed SSoA among the top two schools of architecture in the UK (up from 3rd in the Times 2014 Guide). The School was rated 2nd by architectural practices in the Architects Journal, AJ100 2014 list of the best schools of architecture in the UK. It has a strong social and political agenda.
The School is one of the longest established architecture schools in the UK, opening in 1908 and has courses accredited by the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). In the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 SSoA ranked 4th in the UK.
It also has an active student society (SUAS).
- Prof Fionn Stevenson - Head of the Sheffield School of Architecture from 2013
- Prof Paul Monaghan - visiting professor
- Prof Peter Blundell Jones - architect, historian, academic and critic
- Prof Flora Samuel - Head of the Sheffield School of Architecture 2010-2013
- Prof Sarah Wigglesworth - architect