Sheffield & Hallamshire Senior Cup
|Number of teams||35 (2014–15)|
|Current champions||Frickley Athletic (14th title)|
|Most successful club(s)||Frickley Athletic
Sheffield Wednesday (14 titles)
The Sheffield & Hallamshire Senior Cup is a county cup competition involving teams within the Sheffield and Hallamshire County Football Association. Originally named the Sheffield Challenge Cup, it is the 4th oldest surviving cup competition in the world, after the FA Cup (1871–72), Scottish FA Cup (1873–74) and East of Scotland Shield (1875–76).
Sheffield and Hallamshire County Football Association members at levels 5-11 of the English football league system are currently eligible to compete in the competition.
From 1925/26 to 1945/46 the competition was split into two, with the Sheffield & Hallamshire Invitation Cup acting as the more senior competition.
- 14 wins - Sheffield Wednesday, Frickley Athletic
- 12 wins - Worksop Town
- 10 wins - Sheffield United
- 8 wins - Emley
- 6 wins - Stocksbridge Park Steels
- 5 wins - Denaby United, Sheffield
- 4 wins - Doncaster Rovers, Hallam, Mexborough Town
- 3 wins - Mexborough, Barnsley
- 2 wins - Lockwood Brothers, Rotherham Town (1878-1896), Rotherham County, Rotherham Town (1899-1925), South Kirkby Colliery, Mexborough Athletic, Upton Colliery, Rawmarsh Welfare, Beighton Miners Welfare, Royal Army Service Corps, Bentley Colliery
- 1 win - Thursday Wanderers, Staveley, Heeley, Wombwell, Wath Athletic, Darfield, Ardsley Athletic, Dinnington Athletic, Firbeck Main, Norton Woodseats, Manvers Main, Wombwell Athletic, Thurcroft Welfare, Harworth Colliery, Royston Social, Stocksbridge Works, Grimethorpe Miners Welfare, Redfearn Sports, Kiveton Park, Frecheville Community Association, Maltby Main, Athersley Recreation
|Most successful club(s)||Sheffield Wednesday reserves (5 titles)|
The county FA ran a second Senior Cup competition from 1925/26 to 1945/46, the Sheffield & Hallamshire Invitation Cup.
The competition was open to the more senior non-league clubs in the region as well as the reserve teams of the area's professional (Barnsley, Doncaster Rovers, Rotherham United, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday).
- 5 wins - Sheffield Wednesday reserves
- 3 wins - Barnsley reserves, Doncaster Rovers reserves
- 2 wins - Royal Army Service Corps
- 1 win - Sheffield United reserves, Bolsover Colliery, Thurcroft Main, Firbeck Main, Thurnscoe Victoria
- Sheffield & Hallamshire County Cup
- Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior League
- Wharncliffe Charity Cup
- "Sheffield Challenge Cup". Archived from the original on 15 October 2012. Retrieved 2008-01-25.
- Sheffield Evening Telegraph, 8 April 1939, page 17