Education and family
Alam was born to Mahmoud Alam, a former Pakistani tennis player and his wife, Surayya in Lahore. She has two brothers, Asad and Shaban. Brought up in Lahore, she completed her FA from Kinnaird College, Lahore. She then went on to obtain her Bachelors of Fine Arts (BFA) in Design with a distinction in ceramics from National College of Arts, Lahore. While here, she studied under the country's first ceramist, Salahuddin Mian.
In 1971, she married Zahoor ul Akhlaq (1941–1999), a painter, and the couple had two daughters, Jahanara, (1974–1999), Nurjahan (b. 1979).
- 1980: Sultan Art Gallery, Kuwait
- 1983: Group Show, British Council, Islamabad
- 1983: Group Show, Rohtas Gallery, Islamabad
- 1988: Joint exhibition, Yale University, New Haven, USA
- 1995 to 1999: Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition (yearly)
- 2009: Group Show, Vogue Art Gallery, Islamabad.
- 1990: Chawkandi Arts, Karachi
- 1993: Ish Gallery, Ankara, Turkey
- 1994: Bismillah, Arcadia Art Gallery, Toronto, Canada
- 1996: Clay Continuum, Gardiner Art Museum of Ceramic Art, Toronto, Canada
- 2004: Offering Bowls, Arcadia Art Gallery, Toronto, Canada
- 2005: Laali, Ceramic Installation, Private Residence, Lahore
- 2006: Laali, The garden of Imran Mir, Karachi
- Bio Official website. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- Rediscovering the wheel By Rumana Husain Dawn Gallery 4 November 2006. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- "Chariya Zahoor" By Ardeshir Cowasjee Retrieved 26 October 2010
- Group exhibition opens at Vogue Art Gallery Daily Times 21 November 2009. 26 October 2010.
|This article about a Pakistani artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|