Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum
Sheikh Hamdan in Summit on the Global Agenda in 2009
|Crown Prince of Dubai|
|Proclamation||1 February 2008 - present|
14 November 1982 |
Zabeel Palace, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
|House||House of Al-Falasi|
|Father||Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
|Mother||Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum|
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Representing United Arab Emirates|
|World Equestrian Games|
|2010 Kentucky||Team endurance|
|2014 Normandy||Individual endurance|
|2010 Kentucky||Individual endurance|
Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Arabic حمدان بن محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم) (born 14 November 1982) is the Crown Prince of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. He is popularly known as Fazza (فزاع), the name under which he publishes his poetry.
Early life and education
Hamdan Bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the son of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum's and Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, the senior wife of Mohammed. He is the second son of their 12 children and the fourth of his father's children. Hamdan's elder full brother was Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed.
Hamdan Bin Mohammed al Maktoum was educated in Dubai at the Rashid School For Boys, and then at the Dubai School of Government. He continued his studies in the United Kingdom where he graduated from Sandhurst and later attended the London School of Economics. In his interview with Vision he described how Sandhurst taught him the importance of self-discipline, commitment, virtue, responsibility, endurance, understanding, teamwork, friendship and the benefits of hard work.
Roles and positions
Hamdan was appointed as the chairman of the Dubai executive council in September 2006. On 1 February 2008, he was named as the hereditary prince of Dubai. As the new hereditary prince, he appointed new key personal and financial advisors such as a global economist and a hedge fund tycoon from HN Capital LLP. In July 2009, he was appointed supreme president of the newly founded Hamdan bin Mohammed e-university. He is also the head of the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid establishment for young entrepreneurs, and sits on the Dubai sports council and the Dubai autism centre. He was part of the Dubai World Expo 2020 delegation when Dubai was awarded the rights to host the event. He also went to the top floor of the Burj Khalifa to wave the UAE flag, a few days after the World Expo 2020 win. He is also the founder of the Hamdan International Photography Award, which was launched in 2011.
||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Hamdan Al Maktoum is also a horse rider, diver where he dives in Fujairah, and a semi-professional skydiver. He is known for his poems, which are mainly romantic, patriotic and about his family. He publishes his poems under the name Faz'za (فزاع). He also enjoys camels, cars and traveling. His family plays a major role in the Godolphin stables and are also members of the Royal Ascot.
Sheikh Hamdan took individual gold at the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy (FRA), team gold in 2012 and individual bronze in 2010, and he will lead a team of five UAE riders at Championships in Samorín on September 17, 2016. He is currently the reigning champion and he will partner with Ismael Mohammed-trained Ramaah.
|Dubai Royal family|
HH Sheikh Maktoum
Titles, styles and honours
The Crown Prince
|Reference style||His Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Highness|
- Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum (14 November 1982 – 4 January 2006).
- His Excellency Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum (4 January 2006 – 1 February 2008).[clarification needed]
- His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai (1 February 2008 – present).
|Ancestors of Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum|
- Daily Mail. 10 June 2015. Gilded life of the boy who delighted the Queen at the Derby[better source needed]
- Davidson, Christopher M. (29 November 2009). "A tale of two desert dynasties". The Telegraph. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Crown Prince Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum". royalista.com/. Archived from the original on 23 September 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "Profile: Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammad Al Maktoum". Gulf News. 1 February 2008. Archived from the original on 9 February 2008. Retrieved 9 January 2008.
- "Shaikh Hamdan appointed Dubai's Crown Prince". Gulf News. 1 February 2008. Archived from the original on 8 February 2008. Retrieved 9 February 2008.
- "A very modern prince". Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Hamdan bin Mohammed e-University" (PDF). Almojtama (22): 6. July 2009. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Expo 2020: Dubai celebrates in style". Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Shaikh Hamdan waves UAE flag from top of Burj Khalifa - Khaleej Times". Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Hamdan International Photography Award". artdubai.ae. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "Fazza.ae". Retrieved September 17, 2016.
- Wam. "Mohammed, Hamdan at the second day of Royal Ascot". emirates247. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "LONGINES FEI WORLD ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2016 - SLOVAKIA WELCOMES RECORD 46 NATIONS". Retrieved September 17, 2016.
- "Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed gets ready to retain World Equestrian Games title". Retrieved September 17, 2016.
- Boletín Oficial del Estado