SOAS, University of London
|Occupation||Islamic scholar, author, teacher, researcher|
|Organization||The Islamic Shari'a Council|
|Notable work||Written and translated several books|
Khalifa Ezzat is the chief Imam and head of religious affairs at the London Central Mosque. He is a member of the The Islamic Shari'a Council. He participates in many interfaith meetings and conferences and seminars about Islam and the Arabic language.
After completing his preparatory and secondary schooling in the Al-Azhar system, he graduated from the prestigious Al-Azhar University with a Bachelor degree in Islamic Studies.  Later, he completed his Master’s degree in Islamic studies SOAS, University of London. He is currently a PhD researcher. Upon graduation, he worked as an Imam and translator in Egypt for nearly five years. In 2005, he was appointed by the Egyptian Ministry of Awqaf to be an Imam at London's Central Mosque. 
Sheikh Ezzat was among the cohort that welcomed the Duke of York to the London Central Mosque in June 2012. The event was organised by the Maimonides Foundation.
He has published a number of articles including:
- The Penal Law in the Qur’an: Analytical Study for Sūrat Al-Mā’idah and An-Nūr
- Closing the Gate of Ijtihād
- Woman in the Qur’an
- The Notion of Maṣlaḥah in the Western Literature
- Analytical Study to Sūrat Yusuf.
Ezzat has translated around twenty books about Islam into English, published in Cairo and London. These include:
- Freedom of Belief in Islamic Law
- Islam and Love
- Islam and sex
- Islam - the Law of Life
- Salah Ad-Din
- How the Prophet Offered Prayer [Sh. Ibn Baz]
- Fortification of the Muslim
- Invocations from the Qur’an and Sunnah
- The Messenger
- Misconceptions about Islam [Ministry of Awqaf of Egypt]
- Human Rights and Racial Discrimination in Islam
- Hajj and ‘Umrah
- Forty Nawawī Hadiths [Imam An-Nawawī].
He has also authored a number of his own works, including:
- A Brief Guide to the Principles of Tajweed [Published in London by ICC]
- Inheritance Law of Islam [in press]
- A Guide to Prayer [in press].
- A selection of his Friday sermons (khutbas) can also be found online.
- http://www.westendextra.com/news/2012/jun/duke-york-joins-religious-leaders-inter-faith-summit-central-london-mosque] Sheikh Khalifa meeting the Duke of York at the London Central Mosque, June 2012
-  Sheikh Khalifa meeting with Team GB Olympic discus thower Abdul Buhari at the London Central Mosque for a Ramadan iftar celebration in 2012