|Word/name||Latin Cecilia, via Gaelic Síle|
|Region of origin||Ireland|
Sheila (alternatively spelled Shelagh and Sheelagh) is a common feminine given name, derived from the Irish name Síle, which is believed to be a Gaelic form of Cecilia. Like "Cecil" or "Cecilia", the name means "blind", from the Latin word caecus.
It is also encountered as an alternative spelling of the unrelated Indian feminine name Sheela, which is of Sanskrit origin.
- Sheila (singer) (born 1945), real name Annie Chancel, French singer of group "Sheila (and) B. Devotion"
- Sheila (German singer) (born 1984), Sheila Jozi, German folk/schlager singer of Iranian descent
- Sheila Bair (born 1954), chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Sheila Bleck (born 1974), IFBB bodybuilder
- Sheila Burnett (born 1949), British sprint canoeist
- Sheila Chandra (born 1965), English pop singer
- Sheila Chisholm (1895–1969), socialite, probable inspiration for the Australian phrase "a good-looking sheila"
- Sheila Copps (born 1952), Canadian politician, Deputy Prime Minister of Canada, 1993-97
- Sheila Dikshit (born 1938), Chief Minister of Delhi, India, 1998-2003
- Sheila E. (born 1957), American singer
- Sheila Fearn (born 1940), English actress
- Sheila Florance (1916–1991), Australian actress
- Sheila Gordon (born 1927), South African novelist
- Sheila Hancock (born 1933), English actress and author
- Sheila Greibach (born 1939), American Theoretical computer scientist
- Sheila Hoskin (born 1936), English track and field athlete
- Sheila Miyoshi Jager (born 1963), American anthropologist
- Sheila Oliver (born 1952), American politician
- Sheila Rowan (physicist), British physicist
- Sheila Steafel (born 1935), South African-born British actress
- Sheila Scribner (born 1984), American singer
- Sheila Taormina (born 1969), American athlete
- Sheila White (actress) (born 1950), English actress
- Sheila White (abolitionist) (born 1988), American abolitionist and human trafficking victim
- Shiela Bennet, Bonnie Bennet's grandmother, referred to as grams by her, a character in the vampire diaries
- Shelagh Turner, nurse and midwife, a character in Call the Midwife.
- Sheila, a character from the Webcomic Satan and Me
- Sheila Bryant, a character in the musical "A Chorus Line"
- Sheila (Spyro character), a kangaroo
- The tank in Red vs.Blue; see List of characters in Red vs. Blue
- A character in Army of Darkness
- Shelia O'Brian aka "Thief" A character from the Dungeons & Dragons (TV series)
- Sheila Broflovski, a character from the animated series South Park
- Sheila Carter, a character from The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful
- Sheila Corkhill, a character from the defunct British soap opera Brookside
- Sheila Franklin, a character and a song in the musical Hair
- Sheila Futterman, a character in Gremlins
- Sheila Gallagher (Shameless), a character from the British television series Shameless
- Sheila Grant, a character in the British soap opera Brookside
- Sheila Tubman, a character in Judy Blume's book series Fudge
- Sheila R. Webb, a character in Agatha Christie's novel The Clocks
- Sheela na gig, a female character in ancient figurative carvings, used as architectural grotesques on churches, castles and other buildings, particularly in Ireland and Great Britain
- Sheila, fictional character (a Spanish child singer) from Mis Adorables Vecinos (2004–2006) played by Yaiza Esteve
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|