||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
21 December 1937 |
Bridge of Weir, Glasgow, Scotland
Terry Bullen (2008-)
Reid has had a long and distinguished career in theatre, film and television, and worked with Laurence Olivier at the Royal National Theatre. In 1980, she played the long-suffering wife of Trevor Howard in Vivian Stanshall's Sir Henry at Rawlinson End.
She played Mrs. Buttle in Terry Gilliam's 1985 cult classic Brazil the same year she appeared as Etta in the dystopian Doctor Who serial Vengeance on Varos, years later in the revived incarnation of the series she twice appeared as the grandmother of companion Clara Oswald The Time of the Doctor in 2013 and Dark Water in 2014, appeared in the TV series All Creatures Great and Small as Mrs Donavan, a rather eccentric woman offering treatments to animals in rivalry to James Herriot and Siegried Farnon, and also had a brief appearance in the first series of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.
She plays Bob Servant's mother in the BBC4 production Bob Servant
She also appeared as the wife of D.C.I. Frank Haskins in the last series of The Sweeney in the episode "Victims".
Select TV and filmography
- Othello (1965)
- The Alphabet Murders (1965)
- Three Sisters (1970)
- I Want What I Want (1972)
- All Creatures Great and Small (TV) (1978) 1 Episode
- Sir Henry at Rawlinson End (1980)
- Five Days One Summer (1982)
- The Dresser (1983)
- Doctor Who (TV) (1985) 2x 45 min episodes: "Vengeance on Varos"
- Auf Wiedersehen Pet (TV) series 1 episode 3. Patsy (Bomber's Wife)
- Brazil (1985)
- Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage War (2002)
- A Christmas Carol (2004)
- Benidorm (TV) (2007–15, 2016) as Madge Harvey
- Psychoville (TV) 2009 1 Episode
- Hush (2009 film) as Mrs. Coates
- Casualty (TV) (2010-2016) 4 episodes
- Midsomer Murders (TV) (2003) 1 Episode
- Call the Midwife (TV) (2012) 1 Episode
- Doctor Who (TV) (2013, 2014) 2 episodes: "The Time of the Doctor", "Dark Water" as Clara's gran
- Casualty (TV) 2014 as Gwen
- Father Brown (TV) 2015 as Lady Edna Forbes-Leith, episode 3.9 "The Truth in the Wine".
- The Bad Education Movie as Margot (2015)
Select National Theatre credits
- The Master Builder (1964)
- Othello (1964/65)
- The Crucible (1965) directed by Laurence Olivier
- Love for Love (1965)
- Three Sisters (1967/68) directed by Olivier
- Home and Beauty (1968/69)
- Love's Labour's Lost (1968)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (1993)
Other selected theatre credits
- Martin Guerre: Prince Edward Theatre, London (1996)
- The Importance of Being Earnest: Theatre Royal Haymarket, London (1999)
- Pericles, Prince of Tyre: Sam Wanamaker Playhouse, London (2015)
- "CENTENARY OLD MORETONIAN REUNION". Moreton Hall School. 16 June 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Benidorm Star's Real Life Wedding". The Mirror. 16 May 2008. Retrieved 29 May 2008.