Shekhar C. Mande
|Shekhar C. Mande|
5 April 1962 |
|Institutions||National Centre for Cell Science|
|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Science, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen|
Shekhar C. Mande is a Structural and Computational Biologist. He did his M.Sc. in Physics from University of Nagpur. He holds Doctor of philosophy in Molecular Biophysics, from the Indian Institute of Science. Following his PhD, he joined Prof. Wim G. J. Hol as Post Doctoral Fellow at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen in the Netherlands. Since 2001, he was senior staff scientist at Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics. Currently, he serves as director at National Centre for Cell Science in Pune, India.
He was awarded in 2005 the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology, the highest science award in India, in the Biological sciences category.
Prizes and honours
- B M Birla Young Scientist Award, 1999
- Wellcome Trust International Senior Fellow, since 2003
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology for 2005
- Fellow, Indian National Science Academy New Delhi, Elected 2010
- Fellow, National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad, India, Elected 2003
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, Elected 2003
- Structural Biologist and X-ray Crystallographer
- Structural characterization of M. tuberculosis proteins
- Computational analysis of genome-wide protein:protein interactions.
- "National Centre For Cell Science, Pune". Nccs.res.in. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Andhra Pradesh / Visakhapatnam News : 'Good career opportunities for science students'". The Hindu. 2011-01-24. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Press Information Bureau English Releases". Pib.nic.in. 2012-08-17. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- (PDF) http://www.nccs.res.in/download-docs/BD%20NCCS%20COE%20Stem%20Cell%20Workshop%20Announcement-new.pdf. Retrieved 2012-08-21. Missing or empty
- "PM presents Bhatnagar prizes to 21 scientists - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2005-09-29. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- http://www.cdfd.org.in/labpages/structural_biology_shekharcmande.html. Retrieved 2012-08-21. Missing or empty