From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Descended from:||Dhundhar, Amber/Jaipur|
|Princely states:||Thikanas of Shekhawati|
- Maha Rao Shekha (1433–1488) was a Rajput chieftain belonging to the Kachwaha clan of Amar/Jaipur. He ruled over Amar(Jaipur). The Shekhawati gets its name from him, comprising the districts of Sikar and Jhunjhunu in the present-day Indian state of Rajasthan.
- Maharao Shardul Singh, ruler of Jhunjhunu
- Raja Ajit Singh of Khetri
- Rajnigandha Shekhawat
- Major Havildar Piru Singh Shekhawat(PVC), Recipient of Param Veer Chakra( highest gallantry award of india).
- Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, Former vice president of India
- Brigadier Saurabh Singh Shekhawat Most decorated serving officer of Indian Army
- Lieutenant Kiran Shekhawat ,first woman officer to sacrifice her life in the line of duty, a pilot with Indian Navy
- Admiral Vijai Singh Shekhawat , former Admiral of Indian Navy
- Squadron Leader Sneha Shekhawat, First woman officer of Indian Air Force to lead contingent.
- lieutenant Commander Avtar Singh Shekhawat of Indian Navy.
- "Shekhawat.Com". Shekhawat.Com. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- Thakur Ranbir Singh Shekhawat (Dundlod) History of Shekhawats,Jaipur, 2001 ISBN 81-86782-74-5