This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Total||5,960 km2 (2,300 sq mi)|
|Elevation||236 m (774 ft)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
|Number of Union councils||51|
Sheikhupura (Urdu: شَيخُوپُورہ, Punjabi: شیخاپورا) is an industrial city of "The Rice Valley" of Subcontinent and capital of Sheikhupura District in the province of Punjab about 40 km northwest of Lahore in Pakistan. It is the 16th largest city of Pakistan.
The name of the town and its fort was changed by him to Sheikhupura from earlier Virkgarh, deriving from a nickname of Jahangir, who was known as Sheikhu by his father Akbar the Great. The city is the headquarters of Sheikhupura District.
- Husnain Ali Goraya *Businessman of Dubai
- Anzhelika Tahir, Miss Pakistan World 2015, beauty queen from Pakistan.
- Sheikh Salim Chishti, Sufi saint of the Chishti Order during the Mughal Empire
- Jahangir, Fourth Mughal Emperor, ruled from 1605-1627
- Waris Shah, A Great Punjabi Sufi Poet
- Zulfiqar Ahmad Dhillon, retired brigadier in the Pakistani army
- Zaka Ullah Bhangoo, Pakistani army aviator
- Aaqib Javed played as fast bowler for Pakistan cricket team.
- Asghar Ali Javed Presidential Award Winner Author.
- Muhammad Javed Buttar, is a former justice of Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Choudhry Bilal Ahmed, politician
- Kulwant Singh Virk, author
- Nawab Kapur Singh, one of the pivotal figures of the Sikh Confederacy and founder of the Singhpuria Misl.
- Mohammad Asif a right arm medium fast bowler in cricket
- Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, player for the Pakistan National Cricket Team
- Saeed Anwar played three Olympics for Pakistan hockey team.
- Anjum Saeed played one Olympics for Pakistan hockey team.
- Rana Tanveer Hussain Federal Minister
- Rana Junaid Agricultural Engineer
- Sanwal HussainBusinessman of Dubai
- Hammad Hassan Abbasi Bedminton champion from Superior Group of Colleges in Sheikhupura. Athlete, Body Builder. on Facebook 
- Centre, UNESCO World Heritage. "Hiran Minar and Tank, Sheikhupura - UNESCO World Heritage Centre". whc.unesco.org. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Kot Dayal Das
- http://www.pbs.gov.pk/sites/default/files/[permanent dead link]/tables/POPULATION%20SIZE%20AND%20GROWTH%20OF%20MAJOR%20CITIES.pdf
- District Profile: Central Punjab- Sheikhupura Archived 6 May 2009 at the Wayback Machine.