This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Shelby Serban-Alex Cinca|
19 March 1976 |
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, guitarist, User Experience Design, game designer, graphic designer, painter|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass, piano, synthesizer, sequencer|
|Labels||Rogue Records, Swedish Columbia, Buddyhead Records, Carcrash Records, Tooth And Nail Records, Lujo Records, Lovitt Records, Fueled by Ramen|
|Associated acts||Frodus, The Cassettes, Frantic Mantis, Decahedron, Triobelisk, Travelers Of Tyme, Man and Wasp, Tanimura Midnight, Mancake|
Shelby Serban-Alex Cinca (born 19 March 1976) is a Romania-born musician, one of the founding members of the DC post-hardcore band Frodus and the vaudevillian steampunk band, The Cassettes. He has also been a part of such bands as Frantic Mantis and Decahedron. In 2006, Shelby began releasing solo electronic music under his own name that he created with a Game Boy (Game Boy music) using the Nanoloop software accompanied by various synthesizers and occasional guitars. 2008 saw the official debut releases of his dance/electronica persona, Triobelisk, with 2 EPs after being playlisted by numerous DJs previously for his unsolicited remix of Sussudio by Phil Collins that was released in 2007. He has also assisted and help run the independent record labels Carcrash Records (Sweden), Lovitt Records (Washington, D.C.) and founded the Swedish Columbia electronic music collective.
Aside from music, Shelby is a UX Designer/Graphic Designer/Painter and his work spans from album layouts (most notably Ire Works by The Dillinger Escape Plan), logos and interface designs. He has additionally produced a children's book written in English and Romanian entitled Pérong (1st Printing: Autumn 2006).
In 2011, Shelby began designing games debuting with the iPad shooter Tri-Tri-Triobelisk created together with Swedish developer Erik Svedäng. In 2012 he successfully released his debut board game Zoneplex co-created with Kenny Jakobsson. The game was funded via a campaign on Kickstarter.
Shelby attended West Springfield High School, in Springfield, Virginia.
- "Path Of The Setting Suns" (Under the alias: Triobelisk) (Swedish Columbia 2011)
- "Brain Traveller" (Under the alias: Triobelisk) (Swedish Columbia 2010)
- "Electronic 2: Creatures" Digital Release (Swedish Columbia 2008)
- "Electronic 1: Obelisk" Digital Release (Carcrash Records 2006)
- "Tri-Tri-Triobelisk Soundtrack" (Under the alias: Triobelisk) (Swedish Columbia 2011) Digital EP
- "Dif Rox" (Under the alias: Triobelisk) (Swedish Columbia 2010) Digital Single
- "Return To Xrystal" (Under the alias: Triobelisk) (Swedish Columbia 2010) Digital EP
- "Distant Star" (Under the alias: Triobelisk) (Swedish Columbia 2009) Digital EP
- "1" (Under the alias: Triobelisk) (Swedish Columbia 2008) Digital EP
- "Zoneplex" (Under the alias: Triobelisk) (Swedish Columbia 2008) Digital EP
- "Loki & The Improbable Soilution" one-sided 7" (Jonas Blank Records 1997) Pressing of 110
- Empower: A Torch Benefit (2000 UnderRadar Records/Coolidge Records) - Track: The One Who Tried To See It All
- Fort Reno benefit compilation (1996 Resin Records) - Track: Inherit Prescription (w/ Chaz Barber)