Sheldon Reynolds (guitarist)
|Birth name||Sheldon Maurice Reynolds|
|Born||September 13, 1959|
|Genres||R&B, funk, smooth jazz|
|Associated acts||Sun, Commodores, Earth, Wind & Fire|
Born in Cincinnati, Ohio, Reynolds began playing the guitar when he was eight years old, and by the age of 12 was considered a prodigy. He went on to become an alumnus of The University of Cincinnati. Reynolds eventually embarked upon a professional musical career. At first he toured with singer Millie Jackson. Reynolds later joined up with R&B band Sun with whom he recorded three albums. During 1983 he became a member of The Commodores. With the Commodores he played upon their 1986 album United. Altogether he featured with the band for a sum of four years.
Reynolds then joined up within the roles of lead guitarist and co-vocalist with Earth, Wind, & Fire. He went on to play upon the band's LPs Touch The World, Heritage, Millennium and In The Name of Love. With EWF he also earned in 1994 a Grammy nomination within the category of Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals for the song "Sunday Morning". As a member of the band Reynolds also received a NAACP Lifetime Achievement Image Award. After 14 years with the elements Reynolds linked up with Experience Hendrix, the family company of Jimi Hendrix.
Reynolds is working with his Manager Jesse Moore on his Career Revival. He joined 2019 the Influencer Platform CoachTheWorld to talk with Fans in a private Video Chat and to help the World with Music Coaching.
- "Sheldon Reynolds & Friends". Twilight Talk Radio.com.
- "Sheldon Reynolds". Allmusic.com.
- "Sheldon Reynolds". Grammy.com.
- Eicher, David (August 11, 2011). "Welcome Sheldon Reynolds as contributing editor". Astronomy.com.
- The Daily Mail 12 October 2015 Shop is sued over 'stolen' Jimi Hendrix's Black Widow guitar worth nearly $1MILLION
- The Telgraph 26 Jun 2004 Family go to court in fight for Hendrix's millions - Catherine Elsworth