Shelford Girls' Grammar
|Shelford Girls' Grammar|
|Type||Independent, Single-sex, Day school|
|Motto||Latin: Quaerite Primo Regnum Dei
("Seek ye first the Kingdom of God")
|Principal||Ms Polly Flanagan|
|Chaplain||Rev. Heather Cetrangolo|
|Colour(s)||Navy Blue, Sky Blue & Gold|
|Slogan||"Shelford... Top Girls... Top School"|
Established in 1898, the school caters for approximately 500-600 students from pre-school to year 12 is a non-selective entry school and offers scholarships to outstanding students.
The School motto, Quaerite Primo Regnum Dei (seek ye first the Kingdom of God) is well known to all past and current students. The word Quaerite is an important one for Shelford. Seek ye, or search, investigate, discover and find out, is what 21st century education is all about. The educational philosophy is aspire, engage and achieve. Shelford's MIssion Statement is
Shelford strives to provide a quality education that encompasses the moral, physical, intellectual, social, emotional and aesthetic development of all students within a safe, caring and supportive community that acknowledges its rich heritage and Christian traditions,
It includes a coeducational Early Learning Centre which caters for Toddlers from 18 months. There are also groups for 3 and 4 year old children. 
There is strong competition between private schools for students. An article in The Age (29 May 2016) disclosed that for approximately 10 years Shelford had been offering students from neighbouring Ripponlea Primary a discount of up to 50 percent in an unofficial deal. The current principal stated that the arrangement (now with a 30 percent discount) was initiated by her predecessor and Ripponlea parents possibly to boost enrolments. Parents have an incentive to enrol at Ripponlea to gain entry to Shelford and Shelford benefits with students from wealthy families who are high achievers.
In 2014 it was reported that for the thirteenth consecutive year 100% of students received a first round Tertiary offer. The school fees (2016) as listed in the Good Schools Guide range from approximately $16,500 for prep to $30,870 for Year 12 
As with most Australian schools, Shelford uses a house system through which students participate in inter-house competitions. The four school houses are:
- Langley - Green and Yellow
- Lloyd - Purple
- Blundell - Red
- Thomas - Blue
- Brigitte Duclos - Television and radio presenter; former co-host of a breakfast radio program with Anthony "Lehmo" Lehmann on GOLD104.3.
- Olympia Valance - Neighbours actor
- Anna Cordingly, set designer
- Krystal Weir, Olympian
- "Scotch College & Shelford Girls' Grammar". School Choice Victoria. Archived from the original on August 30, 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-14.
- "Shelford School Performance Information 2015 2016 Annual Report" (PDF). Shelford Girls Grammar. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- Girls Sport Victoria: Member Schools (accessed:27-07-2007)
- "Shelford Girls’ Grammar". Alliance of Girls' Schools Australasia. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "Teaching and Learning". Shelford. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "Shelford's Mission". Shelford Girls Grammar. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "Welcome to Shelford Girls' Grammar". Shelford Girls Grammar. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "Shelford Girls Grammar in Melbourne's little-known school deal 29 May 2016". The Age. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "CHEAT SHEET: 10 of the best private schools for girls in Melbourne 25 June 2015". Business Insider Australia. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "School Fees at Shelford Girls' Grammar". The Good Schools Guide. Retrieved 2 January 2017.