|Motto||Valuing People, Supporting Personal Best|
|Associate Principal||Dave Wadsworth|
|Vice Principals||Jenny Carr and Andy Hewitt|
Shelley College is an upper school and sixth form college on the border between the villages of Shelley and Skelmanthorpe, West Yorkshire in England. The school gained Academy status in September 2011, as Shelley College - A Specialist Centre for Science. However, as of November 2014, it is no longer a specialist in science.
Unlike most high schools, pupils join Shelley College at Year 9, aged 13, because there is a middle school system in the surrounding area. The school has two main feeder schools, Kirkburton Middle School, which received a Grade 3 'Requires Improvement' Ofsted report in April 2013, and Scissett Middle School, which received a Grade 2 'Good' Ofsted report in November 2013.
The school has departments for science and design technology. The sixth form has its own separate block, the Altitude Building, which holds a small café, study room (ICT suite), office and toilets.
In February 2013, the school opened a new dining area and pastoral offices, followed by a new assembly hall and library in May 2013.
The 2013 Ofsted inspection report awarded the school 'Outstanding', an overall grade 1.
- Ed Clancy, member of the gold medal winning men's team pursuit cycling team at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2012 London Olympics; bronze medal winner in the men's omnium event at the 2012 London Olympics
- Lena Headey, actress in feature films; plays Cersei Lannister in the HBO series Game of Thrones
- Daniel Kitson, Perrier award winning comedian
- Kate Rusby, folk singer and songwriter
- Jodie Whittaker, actress, starred in St. Trinians and Venus; plays the 13th Doctor in the BBC series Doctor Who
- "Shelley College - A Specialist Centre for Science", Ofsted. Retrieved 12 December 2011