Shelly Park Beach - View towards Waiheke Island
|Local authority||Auckland City|
|North||Cockle Bay (760 m)|
|West||Botany Downs (2.1 km)|
|Northwest||Howick (1.9 km)|
According to the 2006 census, Shelly Park has a population of 2097.
It is named after the beach of the same name.
Shelly Park Cruising Club (SPCC) is a yacht club at this beach which also offers dry docking facilities and the beach is an access point to the estuary where boats are moored.
The beach is also one end of a nature walkway - Mangemangeroa Reserve - which runs from there to Somerville Road.
Shelly Park Primary School is a junior school in the area. Howick College is the high school for this area.
- Shelly Park Weather Station
- Manukau City Council page on the Maungemangeroa Reserve
- Google Map of Shelly Park
- Official website of Shelly Park Primary School (very little information)
- Photographs of Shelly Park held in Auckland Libraries' heritage collections.
|This Auckland Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|