December 24, 1979 |
|Playing style||Left-handed, shakehand grip|
|Highest ranking||6 (March 2013)|
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||52 kg (115 lb; 8.2 st)|
Shen Yanfei (simplified Chinese: 沈燕飞; traditional Chinese: 沈燕飛; pinyin: Shén Yànfēi; born December 24, 1979 in Hebei, China) is a female Chinese-born table tennis player who now represents Spain and resides in Cartagena, Murcia. Her birth name, Shen Yanfei, follows Chinese convention so Shen is the family name and Yanfei the given name. She now has Spanish nationality and therefore her legal name is now Yanfei Shen following Spanish convention which puts family names last.
She competed at the 2008 Summer Olympics, reaching the third round of the singles competition. She also competed in the team competition. In May 2011 she qualified directly for the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Singles (as of July 6, 2013)
- Olympics: round of 16 (2012).
- Women's World Cup: 3rd (2012).
- World Tour winner (3): Korea Open 2010; Japan Open, German Open 2012. Runner-up (2): Chinese Taipei Open 2006; Spanish Open 2013.
- World Tour Grand Finals appearances: 4. Record: SF (2006).
- Europe Top-12: 5th (2006, 2011)
- World Tour winner (4): Chinese Taipei Open 2005; China (Guangzhou) Open 2006; Korea, Chinese Taipei Open 2007.
- World Tour Grand Finals appearances: 3. Record: winner (2005); runner-up (2006).
- Olympics: 9th (2008, 2012).
- World Championships: 15th (2010).
- "ITTF player's profile". International Table Tennis Federation. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- "ITTF world ranking". International Table Tennis Federation. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- Players qualified for the 2012 London Olympic Games. ITTF.
- "ITTF Statistics". International Table Tennis Federation. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- "Olympic results". http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
|This biographical article relating to table tennis is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to Spanish sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|