Shen Yang (chess player)
|Full name||Shen Yang|
|Born||January 23, 1989|
Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
|Title||International master (2013) |
Woman Grand Master (2006)
|FIDE rating||2453 (November 2018) |
|Peak rating||2479 (September 2016)|
Shen Yang (simplified Chinese: 沈阳; traditional Chinese: 沈陽; pinyin: Shěn Yáng; born January 23, 1989 in Nanjing, Jiangsu) is a Chinese chess player who holds the titles of International master and Woman Grandmaster.
A notable game occurred in the World Team Chess Championship, held in Beersheba, Israel on October–November 2005, where Shen - then rated 2326 - managed to defeat 2652-rated Russian GM Sergei Rublevsky.
In the Russian Team Championship Shen plays for the women's team of ACADEMY Tomsk on Board 2.
- 中国国际象棋运动员等级分数据库 Archived 2013-11-12 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-28. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- WCTC – China loses but retains the lead ChessBase News. 10.11.2005
- Shen Yang and Zaven Andriasian World Junior Champions ChessBase News. 17.10.2006.
- China wins Women's Team Championship by two points ChessBase News. 30.05.2007.
- Tomsk leads in the Russian Team Championships ChessBase News. 06.05.2007.
- Fifth China vs Russia Match in Ningpo
- Yu Yangyi & Ju Wenjun Chinese Champs ChessBase News 29.03.2014
- World Women's Yeam Chess Championship 2015 Chess-Results
- Wei Yi youngest Chinese Champion ChessBase News. 30.05.2015
- 2015 “Yin Zhou” Cup China-Russia Chess Match Women Chess-Results
- Shen Yang player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Interview with Shen Yang[permanent dead link] 2nd Mixed Chess Match, The Calaveras Fest 2007, Aguascalientes, Mexico.
| Women's Chinese Chess Champion