Location of Shenandoah, Texas
|• Total||1.3 sq mi (3.3 km2)|
|• Land||1.3 sq mi (3.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||148 ft (45 m)|
|• Density||1,191.1/sq mi (459.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||77381, 77384, 77385|
|GNIS feature ID||1388601|
Shenandoah is a city in Montgomery County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,134 at the 2010 census. David Vetter, the famous "boy in the plastic bubble", was from Shenandoah. In 1986 the Shenandoah city council renamed Tamina School Road to David Memorial Drive in honor of Vetter. Also, file sharing site MediaFire comes from Shenandoah.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,503 people, 504 households, and 441 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,191.1 people per square mile (460.6/km²). There were 532 housing units at an average density of 421.6 per square mile (163.0/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 94.21% White, 1.13% African American, 0.60% Native American, 1.20% Asian, 1.33% from other races, and 1.53% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 7.32% of the population.
There were 504 households out of which 36.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 78.8% were married couples living together, 7.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 12.5% were non-families. 11.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.96 and the average family size was 3.17.
In the city, the population was spread out with 26.5% under the age of 18, 6.2% from 18 to 24, 27.0% from 25 to 44, 32.0% from 45 to 64, and 8.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 95.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.0 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $72,813, and the median income for a family was $76,116. Males had a median income of $51,250 versus $30,966 for females. The per capita income for the city was $26,421. About 1.8% of families and 3.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.4% of those under age 18 and 2.9% of those age 65 or over.
Kroger operates its Houston-area offices at 19245 David Memorial Drive. Mediafire is based in Shenandoah, at 19241 David Memorial Drive.  Shenandoah has a strong small business community—in 2016 a Fundera study ranked the city the 3rd best place to start a business in Texas.
Shenandoah is served by the Conroe Independent School District.
Areas of Shenandoah attend Lamar Elementary. Students east of Interstate 45 go to Vogel Intermediate School, York Junior High School, and Oak Ridge High School. Students west of Interstate 45 go to Wilkerson Intermediate, Knox Junior High School and The Woodlands College Park High School.
In 2012, when the Gerald D. Irons, Sr. Junior High School opens, Shenandoah residents who have been attending schools in the Oak Ridge High School pattern may apply for a transfer to attend Irons Junior High, although bus transportation will not be provided.
Shenandoah is also served by Lone Star College System (North Harris Montgomery Community College District)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "'Bubble boy' leaves legacy in Shenandoah". The Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- "Shenandoah honors `Bubble Boy'." Houston Chronicle. March 28, 1986.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Contact Us." Kroger. Retrieved on April 30, 2009.
- "" MediaFire. Retrieved on March 24, 2015.
- "The 10 Best Places to Start a Small Business in Texas". Fundera Ledger. 2016-11-29. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- Oak Ridge High School Elementary Map. Conroe Independent School District.
- The Woodlands College Park High School Elementary Map. Conroe Independent School District.
- "Oak Ridge High School Intermediate Map. Conroe Independent School District.
- Oak Ridge High School Secondary Map. Conroe Independent School District.
- "The Woodlands College Park High School Intermediate Map. Conroe Independent School District.
- The Woodlands College Park High School Secondary Map. Conroe Independent School District.
- "Gerald D. Irons, Sr. Junior High School." Conroe Independent School District. Retrieved on November 27, 2011.