Treasuryvala at Blackberry Curve launch party, April 2012
|Occupation||Actress, model and travel writer|
Shenaz Treasury (last name also spelled Treasurywala and Treasuryvala)) is an Indian model, travel writer and actress. She is currently a recurring contributor and panelist on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore.
Discovered by a photographer during her first year in college, her first modelling assignment was for the soft drink Gold Spot. She also did advertising work for Akai and Philips before MTV Networks Asia hired her to work as a VJ on the MTV's Most Wanted program.
Her acting debut was in the 2001 Telugu film Eduruleni Manishi, followed by the 2003 Bollywood film Ishq Vishk, which earned her a nomination for the best supporting actress award by the Filmfare Film Awards. With her lifelong love of travel, she wrote travel articles for Cosmopolitan, Elle, and Femina. As of the early 2010s, Treasurywala resides in Mumbai, India and serves as the host of Culture Shock on the Travel Channel. In 2011, she got a recurring role as Rama Patel on the American soap opera One Life to Live. A few months later, she signed a contract with the show until its cancellation in 2012 and then returned as a contract player when the show started airing its webisodes in 2013.
In 2009, she appeared in the films Aagey Se Right and Radio. She wrote the screenplay for and appeared in the 2011 movie Luv Ka The End. She also appeared in the movie Delhi Belly. She is part of the film Main Aur Mr. Riight .
In December 2014, days before the release of her film Main Aur Mr. Riight (on 12 December), Shenaz Treasurywala wrote an open letter to the most powerful people of India including Narendra Modi (NaMo), Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Sharukh Khan, Aamir Khan and Anil Ambani on women's safety in India.
Her father is a merchant marine engineer, and she was born in a Parsi family. Treasurywala attended school at Mumbai, St. Xavier's College and graduated in 2000. In 2001, she moved to New York City where she studied method acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute. While in New York, she also took a writing course at NYU.
|2003||Ishq Vishk||Alisha Sahay|
|2006||Umar||Sapna P. Lakha|
|2009||Aagey Se Right||Pearl|
|2011||Luv Ka The End||Ms. Naaz|
|2011–2012, 2013||One Life to Live||Rama Patel|
|2014||Main Aur Mr. Riight||Aliya|
|2015||The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore||Contributor|
- "Shenaz Treasury Biography". IMDb. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- "Veejays with a vengeance!". The Times of India. 2003-06-08. Retrieved 2007-04-10.
- "Top 100 Beautiful Indian Women". Suni Systems Ltd. Retrieved 2007-04-11.
- Vashisht, Pooja (2004-02-09). "Treasured and most wanted!". The Times of India. Retrieved 2007-04-10.
- Eduruleni Manishi – Nadumunu Chooste jarade Song – YouTube
- Dhattiwala, Raheel (2003-06-03). "Straight Answers". The Times of India. Retrieved 2007-04-10.
- 49th Filmfare Awards
- Iyer, Sandhya (2003-07-28). "'Bollywood is too filmi for me'". The Times of India. Retrieved 2007-04-10.
- "Shenaz: Culture Shock". Travel Channel, Discovery Communications. Retrieved 2007-04-09.
-  Archived 28 January 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Rivera, Joshua. "'The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore' announces its cast of contributors -- exclusive". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- "Shenaz Treasury's open letter to NaMo, Big B, Tendulkar, Khans, Ambani in appeal against rapes". http://www.bollywoodhungama.com. Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 15 December 2014. External link in
- "Shenaz Treasurywala: India actress in plea to stop rape". http://www.bbc.com. BBC. Retrieved 15 December 2014. External link in
- "Shenaz Treasurywala's Open Letter To NaMo, Sachin, Amitabh & The 3 Khans". http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Times Of India. Retrieved 15 December 2014. External link in
- "Shenaz Treasurywala Open Letter". http://www.timestoday.tv. Times Today. Retrieved 15 December 2014. External link in
- "Shenaz Treasurywala’s open letter to PM Modi, Big B, SRK, Salman and Anil Ambani". https://in.screen.yahoo.com. Yahoo. Retrieved 15 December 2014. External link in
- "Actor Shenaz Treasurywala's open letter to PM, Amitabh Bachchan, SRK". http://indiatoday.intoday.in. India Today. Retrieved 15 December 2014. External link in
- "Uber Rape Case: Actress Shenaz Treasurywala writes open letter to Narendra Modi, Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan". http://indianexpress.com. Indian Express. Retrieved 15 December 2014. External link in
- "SHENAZ TREASURYWALA OPEN LETTER". http://movies.ndtv.com/. NDTV Movies. Retrieved 15 December 2014. External link in
- Fatima, Nishat (2002-04-27). "Shenaz: Most wanted again". The Times of India. Retrieved 2007-04-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shenaz Treasuryvala.|